A Turning Point in the Midterms Week at Legal Insurrection
All the news you may have missed.
Sunday, October 30, 2022 at 08:00am 6 Comments
The debate between Dr. Oz and John Fetterman felt like an important moment in this midterm cycle.
- ‘Painful to Watch’: Even Blue Checkmark Twitter Found Fetterman’s Debate Performance Horrible
- Nexstar Fires Back at Fetterman Who Blamed the Caption System for His Performance
- NBC’s Dasha Burns on Fetterman’s Debate: ‘It was Very Similar to the Conversation That We Had’
All the momentum is now on the side of Republicans.
- First Post-Debate Poll Puts Dr. Oz Three Points Ahead of John Fetterman in Pennsylvania
- Politico, Cook Political Move Arizona Senate Race to Toss Up
- Republican George Logan Now Leading House Race in Blue Connecticut
Democrats are on defense in blue areas.
- NY House Race for DCCC Chair Sean Patrick Maloney Moved to Toss-Up
- Oregon Governor Race is an Ominous Sign for Democrats in Midterms
- Democrats Spending Millions to Defend Senator Patty Murray From Tiffany Smiley in Washington State
Even New York could go red.
- NY Gov. Hochul Doesn’t Know Why Putting Criminals in Jail is ‘So Important’ to Challenger Lee Zeldin
- Poll Shows Republican Lee Zeldin With Slight Lead Over Dem Kathy Hochul in NY Governor Race
Los Angeles too?
Joe Biden seems as lost as ever.
- Sleepy Biden Strikes Again While Discussing His “Intention to Run” in 2024
- Biden Gets Updated COVID-19 Booster Shot Despite Saying Pandemic is Over
- Biden Thinks Airlines Charging for Extra Leg Room Hit ‘People of Color’ the Hardest
This was huge news.
- ‘The Bird is Freed’: Elon Musk Owns Twitter, Fires Executives, as the Left Acts Like the World is Ending
- Elon Musk Assures Twitter Advertisers it Won’t ‘Become a Free-For-All Hellscape’
The liberal media seems desperate.
- Newsweek Proclaims Antifa Doesn’t Exist in Bizarre Ted Cruz ‘Fact Check’
- Nicole Wallace Suggests Our ‘Friends and Allies’ Monitor Elections, Rep. Jim Himes Groups GOP With Dictators
- Congressional Progressive Caucus Retracts Letter Urging Biden to Use Diplomacy in Ukraine War After Outrage From the Left
This was a little strange.
- Suspect Who Attacked Nancy Pelosi’s Husband Paul Reportedly Asked, ‘Where is Nancy?”
- Paul Pelosi Attack – Follow The Evidence, Not The Media Spin
- Rishi Sunak Will Become the Next United Kingdom Prime Minister
- Israel: IDF Raid Kills Chief of Lion’s Den Terrorist Group, Destroys Bomb Factory
- Swedish Government Axes Its Stand-Alone Environment Ministry
Hang in there.
- Reader: “It is so overwhelming, I am getting too depressed about where our country is heading”
- “You are not alone. We are with you.”
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.
We already have a “Fetterman” as president.
It really is Obama the Liar who tells Biden what to do.
I agree, but worse, I think more than just Odumbo tell “Fetterman 1” what to do, including Communist China. It’s beyond horrible.
That said, these same forces told Obama what to do – and still do.
Obama is an errand boy, nothing more. He just doesn’t droll all over himself – except when he’s off teleprompter:
I can’t find the link handy.
Funniest thing I saw on Lurch — meme: “Stop calling me that. Fetterman is the name of the doctor who created me.”
That’s funny, and only kinda mean. If you’re a human and a half tall, and look like you were pieced together, it’s hysterical.
/Now, I don’t want to get off on a rant here, but…
Do I have sympathy for the guy who broke his brain: indeed, some. Do I have sympathy for his aspiring to an always-on, high-performance cognitive gig: a little. Maybe his judgment took a hit with the stroke. Do I think he has a right to that job, should get it, or can do it: not so much.
The point of “differently abled” isn’t “anybody can do anything, equally well”, or even at all. The point is letting people with limitations do what they can, despite the other thing.
I probably have it easy, getting that. I’ve always been a bit “differently abled.” Near-blind nearsightedness in an outdoor, and manual trade culture. I can’t see or play catch. Let me do what I can. A few near-mutant cognitive abilities, which it help to explain that way to folks inclined to put you in your place.
Do I have any tolerance at all for the people who want that Senate seat to control the legislative calendar, and impose their agenda? Who will hijack representation of the people this guy’s supposed to represent, to get the counting of one more head for Chuck-y? Who will prop him up n install him, because it’s better if he’s out of it — he’ll not have any inconvenient opinions of his own. (Where else is this playing out in our government, lately? One wonders.)
These “debates” aren’t debates. Nobody gets conditions and alternatives explored. They are, however, auditions. We get to see how the candidates will be in role. And this one showed us, not in the yakking on stage. The aphasia — I’ll take some aphasia wrapped around representing one’s state, and some activity elsewhere in the brain.
No, this one showed us. It didn’t work. “Release the flying monkeys!” Slime the opponent. Throw the folks providing assistive tech under the bus. Blame the venue: “Debates are mean.”
They — the chattering cabal, Screaming-D’s, oligarchs and apparatchiks — still don’t get it bout The Donald. People saw the auditions, and liked it. Had The Wad any interest in succeeding on purpose, they’d figure out why people voted for a Sketchy, Orange-Haired Vulgarian with no political or government background, over The Anointed, who’d been burnishing her ascent her whole life.
If it had no policy impact, I’d vote for Lurch just for the LOLz watching the party, media — but I repeat myself, and possessors of The Feelz, deal with having him in place. He’s willing to let himself be used, I don’t have much sympathy to his being used.
Since it has policy implications, no Addams Family Butler in the Senate, please. That his policy positions are yet worse, just makes it also specific to him. Not that guy. Because what impulses he can articulate are all wrong.
“If you’re a human and a half tall, and look like you were pieced together…”
Lol. That is funny!
But since it’s the truth, it’s also very, very scary. I hope no little kids come on Halloween wearing a Fetterman mask or I’ll have a heart attack.
I hear they’re making a documentary about the life of Fetterman. They’re calling it: