Palestinian media: “The Brigades mourned its fighters, Ahmed Abu Hasira and Osamah Janina, and said they died after a blessed life full of struggle and sacrifices, asking Allah Almighty to accept them as martyrs, bestow His mercy upon them and make His Paradise their eternal dwelling.”
Don’t ya just *hate* when this happens?
According to the ‘Palestine Information Center‘ two Hamas ‘resistance fighters’ were killed when dismantling unexploded Israeli ordnance from the recent fighting:
Interior ministry spokesman Iyad al-Buzom said that two Palestinian resistance fighters were killed on Wednesday when an explosion occurred inside a military site in the central Gaza Strip.
In a press release, Buzom explained that blast happened during the dismantling of Israeli unexploded ordnance.
For its part, al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas, said that two of its fighters died as they were working on dismantling a bomb remnant from the last Israeli aggression against Gaza.
The Brigades mourned its fighters, Ahmed Abu Hasira and Osamah Janina, and said they died after a blessed life full of struggle and sacrifices, asking Allah Almighty to accept them as martyrs, bestow His mercy upon them and make His Paradise their eternal dwelling.
Israeli media identify them as military engineers working on the explosives at a Hamas military base:
Two people were killed after trying to defuse an unexploded IDF ordnance at a military base in Gaza, Israeli media reported.
Ynet reports that the two killed were engineering members of Hamas’ military wing, who attempted to defuse the armament within the confines of the Hamas base.
They almost certainly were trying to salvage the explosive for future use, as common Hamas practice as the L.A. Times reported recently:
In a September documentary aired by the satellite news network Al Jazeera, rare footage showed Hamas militants reassembling Iranian rockets with ranges of up to 50 miles and warheads packed with 385 pounds of explosives. Hamas militants opened unexploded Israeli missiles from previous strikes to extract explosive materials. They even salvaged old water pipes to repurpose as missile bodies.
Hamas’ al-Qassam Brigade posted their photos:The funerals were well-attended:
They join many of their compatriots who have died or been injured in Palestinian Work Accidents:
- Senior Hamas terrorist Imad al-Alami *accidentally* shoots himself in the head
- Hamas explosives chief accidentally blows himself up
- Palestinian rocket commander ‘accidentally’ blows himself up
- Hamas terrorist killed when attack tunnel collapses on him
- Gaza: Two PFLP terrorists killed when rocket they were firing exploded prematurely
- Hamas Bomb Expert Blows Himself Up
- Hamas Commander killed at Gaza border when ‘hand grenade’ exploded prematurely
- Hamas member killed in “accidental explosion during preparation and training”
- Hamas tunnel engineer “working on a tunnel underneath his home when it collapsed and killed him”
- Reports: “Work Accident” blows up home of senior terrorist in southern Gaza
- Gaza: Four Palestinian Islamic Jihad Terrorists Accidentally Blow Themselves Up
- Explosives Stored In Gaza Terrorist’s Apartment Accidentally Detonate, Destroying Building and Injuring Dozens
- Report: Misfired Hamas test rocket hits Palestininan fishing boat, killing three
- Iranian Man Accidentally Sets Himself On Fire While Burning Israeli Flag
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.