Explosives Stored In Gaza Terrorist’s Apartment Accidentally Detonate, Destroying Building and Injuring Dozens
An explosion in Gaza on January 23, 2021, brings two trends together, a ‘work accident’ involving the use of human shields.
We have seen this movie before. A Palestinian terrorist suffers what is euphemisticlly called a “work accident,” frequently the premature detonation of explosives or rockets intended for use against Israel. We have covered dozens of such incidents, including the following:
- Senior Hamas terrorist Imad al-Alami *accidentally* shoots himself in the head
- Hamas explosives chief accidentally blows himself up
- Palestinian rocket commander ‘accidentally’ blows himself up
- Hamas terrorist killed when attack tunnel collapses on him
- Gaza: Two PFLP terrorists killed when rocket they were firing exploded prematurely
- Hamas Bomb Expert Blows Himself Up
- Hamas Commander killed at Gaza border when ‘hand grenade’ exploded prematurely
- Hamas member killed in “accidental explosion during preparation and training”
- Hamas tunnel engineer “working on a tunnel underneath his home when it collapsed and killed him”
- Reports: “Work Accident” blows up home of senior terrorist in southern Gaza
- Gaza: Four Palestinian Islamic Jihad Terrorists Accidentally Blow Themselves Up
An incident on January 23, 2021, brings these two trends together, a work accident involving explosives being prepared by a Hamas member in his apartment.
The Jerusalem Post reported:
An explosion destroyed a home in Gaza Saturday morning as terrorists attempted to prepare explosives to purportedly attack Israel, according to an IDF tweet.
The explosion took place in the home of a Hamas operative and at least 30 were injured in the explosion, according to Israeli media.
Pictures posted on Twitter by the IDF showed the massive extent of damage to the house from the blast.
Avichay Adraee, the IDF spokesperson for Arabic media, said on Twitter that the explosion was a result of storing weapons in the house. Adraee went on to say that “the story of the house is the story of many homes in the Gaza Strip,” that are being used for weapons storage.
“They have turned [homes] into warehouses of weapons, military parts and missiles for terrorist organizations and the people who pay the price in the end are the innocent civilians,” Adraee said.
Palestinian media reported on it:
Video circulated on social media showing the aftermath.
The damage from this morning's explosion in #BeitHanoun.
Storing and handling rockets and explosives in a densely populated area is ill advised but is common practice in #Gaza.
This time, instead of #Israel, #Palestinian civilians were the victims. pic.twitter.com/zC6SHKVw0v
— Erez Neumark ???? (@ErezNeumark) January 23, 2021
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.