The propagandists at the Palestine Information Network claimed it was Israeli shelling, something not even Hamas is claiming.
I’m not sure this qualifies as a “work accident” since the terrorists handing and firing the rocket were not the ones killed, but it does illustrate the phenomenon of Hamas mishandling its own explosive devices.
AP via ABC News reports:
Three Palestinian fishermen were killed Sunday after a blast ripped through their boat off the Gaza shore, officials said, in what appeared to be an explosion caused by a misfired rocket launched by the ruling Hamas militant group.
Nezar Ayyash, a spokesman for the local fisherman’s association, said the men — two brothers and a cousin — were working off the coast of the southern town of Khan Younis when the explosion happened.
The cause of the blast wasn’t immediately clear, but there were growing indications that it was the result of a misfired rocket. Hamas, which has fought three wars with Israel, is believed to possess thousands of rockets.
Minutes before the explosion, local media reported that Hamas was test-firing rockets toward the sea.
Hamas, which is usually quick to cast blame on Israel, instead said it was launching an investigation. And relatives of the fishermen posted a statement on Facebook describing them as “the martyrs of living who were killed when a local mortar shell hit their boat.”
Rami al-Laham, who runs the family Facebook page, said the post was published before the investigation was launched.
“For now, it’s mystery and nobody knows how” they were killed, he said. However, four hours after the investigation was announced, he said no one from Hamas or the government had contacted the family.
The propagandists at Palestine Information Network claimed it was Israeli shelling, something not even Hamas is claiming:
Iranian PressTV is spreading the fake news citing that same source:
Three fishermen were killed on Sunday when their boat exploded off the Gaza Strip, a blast that a human rights group said was likely caused by errant Palestinian rocket fire, refuting earlier reports of Israeli fire.
The Palestinian Center for Human Rights said the boat was two miles offshore when the shell hit and “completely destroyed it.”
“The center condemns the incident, which indications suggest mostly likely occurred as a result of resistance training,” said the statement, referring to Palestinian militant groups….
The Israeli military said in response to reports earlier on Sunday by Palestinian media that “the Israeli navy did not fire” at the Strip, and said “our indications show that their deaths were caused by an explosion inside Gaza.”
The Interior Ministry in Gaza, which is run by the Islamist group Hamas, said it was investigating the incident.
Hamas’ armed wing said it opened an investigation into the “painful incident” and would publish the results as soon as possible.
From our archives of Palestinian Work Accidents:
- Senior Hamas terrorist Imad al-Alami *accidentally* shoots himself in the head
- Hamas explosives chief accidentally blows himself up
- Palestinian rocket commander ‘accidentally’ blows himself up
- Hamas terrorist killed when attack tunnel collapses on him
- Gaza: Two PFLP terrorists killed when rocket they were firing exploded prematurely
- Hamas Bomb Expert Blows Himself Up
- Hamas Commander killed at Gaza border when ‘hand grenade’ exploded prematurely
- Hamas member killed in “accidental explosion during preparation and training”
- Hamas tunnel engineer “working on a tunnel underneath his home when it collapsed and killed him”
- Reports: “Work Accident” blows up home of senior terrorist in southern Gaza
- Gaza: Four Palestinian Islamic Jihad Terrorists Accidentally Blow Themselves Up
- Explosives Stored In Gaza Terrorist’s Apartment Accidentally Detonate, Destroying Building and Injuring Dozens
[Featured Image: Rocket fired by Hamas from civilian area of Gaza, May 4, 2019]DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.