I’m covering today for the crew so they can enjoy Christmas without being at the computer. It’s my solemn obligation that I fulfill every year, both because it’s the right thing to do and because they threatened an insurrection (without the “legal” part) if I didn’t.
Their words are litrully violence (!) that makes me feel unsafe, unwelcomed, and marginalized.
The featured image is a bumper sticker photographed by a reader in Nashville in 2011.
Preparing this post, I found a few images and posts worth posting again, starting with:
- Christmas Eve in the Ardennes 1944
- Christmas Eve 1944: How singing ‘Silent Night’ saved American POWs during the Battle of the Bulge
- Christmas 1944: The Battle of the Bulge
- Christmas in German POW camp Stalag Luft 1
Seen near Kemberlee’s house:
One of my favorite Branco cartoons, captured the time period perfectly:
Posted this video back in 2015.
Then there’s a video Mike has posted Enjoy the Best Christmas Flash Mob of All Time!
I wonder what the polling would be like in 2021/2022: Poll Finds 88% of College Students Say it’s not Offensive to Wish Strangers a Merry Christmas.
Remember, there is no war on Christmas. It’s all made up right wing propaganda.
- College’s ‘Sustainability Director’ Recommends Not Wrapping Christmas Gifts
- Columbia University Prof Suggests Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is a Queer Icon
- BU Prof Claims ‘Jingle Bells’ is Rooted in Racism
- U. Minnesota Memo: Wrapped Gifts, Trees, Santa Inappropriate
- UC Riverside Bends Over Backwards to Not Mention Christmas at Holiday Party
- Watch Students at UVA Sign Petition to Ban Christmas
- Texas Woman’s University Decides ‘Holiday’ and ‘Evergreen’ Are Too Religious
- Colleges Crack Down on “Inappropriate” Religious Christmas Displays
- Watch Students Sign Petition to Ban ‘Racist’ ‘White Christmas Song’ From Radio
It takes a certain pathology both to misappropriate and attempt to destroy Christmas:
- Once again, anti-Israel activists hijack and weaponize Christmas
- Leading terrorist group warns Gazans: Celebrating Christmas is Evil
But none of that is why every year I cover for the crew and write about Christmas. The reason is what I urged in 2014, Merry Christmas: Keep the faith, referencing my April 7, 2009 post, Passover Is No Time To Wish For The End Of Christian America, here’s the concluding excerpt:
Tonight is the first night of Passover, which commemorates the exodus of the Jews from Egypt, and celebrates freedom. One of the key sections from the Passover Haggadah warns of the dangers in the world:
For not just one alone has risen against us to destroy us, but in every generation they rise against us to destroy us; and the Holy One, blessed be He, saves us from their hand!
Nothing has changed in thousands of years. They still rise up in every generation to destroy us, but this time the names are not Haman or Adolf, but Mahmoud and Osama. And on this earth, it will be Christian Americans almost alone who will stand with us.
I’m reminded of the bumper sticker from the 1960′s: “If you hate cops, next time you are in trouble call a hippie. ” Jews, of all people, should not wish too hard for The End of Christian America. There is no one else to call.
So particularly at this Passover time, we should not wish too hard for the End of Christian America. We might just get it.
On this Christmas Day 2021, some things seem insurmountable. But they are not. Don’t give up. Stick together.
That’s the message from me this Christmas. Stay true to what you believe.DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.