Your weekly report on campus news.
A handful of people from the world of higher education have decided to join the world of politics.
- U. Mississippi Prof Running for Congress as a Democratic Socialist
- Academic Who Left China to Escape Socialism Now Running for Congress to Stop it in America
- University of Wyoming Prof to Run for U.S. Senate as a Democrat
The Democrats are mobilizing volunteers in a must-win state.
The race for campaign funding seems a little lopsided.
Meanwhile on campus, it’s business as usual.
- Members of ‘Womxn’s’ March at Stanford U. Demand End to Rape Culture
- Women’s Studies Center at U. North Carolina-Wilmington Renamed for Gender Studies
- Harvard Hires ‘Associate Dean for Inclusion and Belonging’ After Long Search
News from the faculty lounge.
- Some Science Profs at Syracuse Not Interested in Campus-Wide Diversity Initiative
- Faculty and Staff at U. Minnesota to Undergo LGBT Pronoun Training
- Faculty at Ohio University Protests Cuts to Budget
- Ithaca College Student Arrested After Breaching White House Security Perimeter
- Former Drexel University Prof Accused of Spending $185,000 in Grant Money on Strippers, Sports Bars
- Former Stony Brook University Prof Pleads Guilty to Stealing Cancer Research Funds
That’s just crazy talk.
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.