Shouting You Down Week in Higher Education
Your weekly report on campus news.
Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 07:30am 1 Comment
Some college students think free speech means they have a right to silence others.
- Student Protesters Disrupt Charles Murray Speech at U. Michigan
- Protesters at TSU Law School Shout Down Congressman at Conservative Student Event
- U. Oregon Students Shut Down Speech by University President
It never ends.
Words and ideas must also be controlled.
- Poll Finds 58 Percent of Students Think ‘Intolerant’ Ideas Should be Kept Off Campus
- Georgetown Student Paper Now Documenting ‘Bias’ Incidents
- Toronto Schools Removing ‘Chief’ From Job Titles to Respect Indigenous Peoples
Some things just can’t be allowed.
- Student Describing Himself as ‘Karl Marx’ Stabs Campus Group’s Free Speech Ball
- Petition Demands Immigration Debate Be Cancelled at Seattle U. Law School
- Columbia Students Protest British Speaker Critical of Increased Islamic Immigration in EU
Trump on campus.
- U. Michigan President Hid Emails in Which He Insulted Campus Trump Supporters
- College Republicans’ Trump Pence Mural Vandalized at U. Minnesota
- Pro-Trump Ohio State Student Senator Defies Preferred Pronoun Demand
Compare and contrast.
- U. Wisconsin Will Now Punish Students Who Shut Down Speeches
- Student Group at Dartmouth Wants Punishment for Those Who Report Illegals
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.
I love the one student’s sign: “Take back our campus!”
To which I reply, “take it back from whom?” The only people I see up on the stage are leftists, and I’ve not yet seen one instance where a group of “rightwingers” from the school brawled with these leftist agitators (though I would dearly love to).
This is simply more virtue signaling of the usual cowardly leftist kind: yell loudly about non-oppression from groups that are safe targets, while ignoring the real abuses within your own coalition.
This is going to be a very long process.
First, we have to take Congress back from the feckless RINOs. Then, we can start passing bills to start dismantling the educational racket the left set up. They will of course fight us the entire way. At some point, it would also be nice to get the state governments involved, seeing as how many of these outrages happen at land-grant institutions.