I don’t know if there has been as momentous a week in the 8-year history of Legal Insurrection.
Certainly, the election of Obama in 2008 and 20012, the retaking of the House in 2010 and the continuing wave in 2014 were yuge. As was the surprise (except to us) victory of Scott Brown in January 2010 and the Scott Walker Recall victory in 2012. Yet as the key headlines from this week show, this seems somehow yuger in its own way.
The Orange Crush:
- President-Elect Donald Trump
- GOP Maintains Control of Congress
- Democrats devastated at state level in 2016 elections
- Legal Insurrection Authors Respond to Trump Victory
“Unhinged” is the word of the week:
- Liberals on Twitter React to Trump’s Win
- VIDEO: Oklahoma U. Snowflake Has Meltdown Over Trump
- CNN’s Van Jones is Not Handling the Election Results Well
- Virginia Tech Offers Safe Spaces And Emotional Support to Students Over Election
You have nothing to fear but fear itself:
- Rachel Maddow: Is there a DOOMSDAY PLAN for progressives?
- The View reacts to Trump election pretty much as expected
- Tears, Angst, Meltdowns In Federal Agencies
Burn, Baby, Burn:
- American University Students Protest Election And Burn Flag
- Man with gun keeps Portland rioters away from his apartment bldg
There’s still hope:DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.