Classical Mistakes Week in Higher Education
Your weekly report on campus news.
Saturday, November 2, 2019 at 08:00am 3 Comments
The music school at the University of Rochester made a bad decision this week, but quickly changed their minds.
- University’s Music School Excludes South Korean Students from Tour at China’s Behest
- In Reversal, University’s Music School Cancels China Tour Over Exclusion of South Korean Students
It was a big week for free speech on campus.
- ‘No Safe Spaces’ Documentary Exposes the Left’s War on Free Speech
- U. Michigan Settles Lawsuit Challenging Bias Response Teams, Agrees to Changes
But not for everyone…
- Former Acting ICE Chief Shouted Off Stage by Student Protesters at UPenn
- Student Thinks There’s Too Much Free Speech on Campus After Encountering Pro-Life Group
Did everyone have a fun Halloween?
- Poll Finds Majority of Students Want Peers to be Punished for Offensive Halloween Costumes
- Clock Tower at West Virginia University Reportedly Haunted by a Cow
Diversity is all the rage on campus.
- Ohio State University Now Offering Certificate in ‘Diversity’
- Student Government at U. Pennsylvania to Get Mandatory Diversity Training
Protest all the things!
- Binghamton University Students Hold ‘Die-in’ to Protest Fossil Fuels
- Environmental Group at Columbia U. Demands School Declare a ‘Climate Emergency’
They’re not alone.
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.
I repent and unsay my earlier harsh words about the University of Rochester orchestra. In the end they did the right thing.
They did the right thing in the end, but only under pressure. It was a cost/benefit decision to turn away from pain, not a moral decision indicative of character.
One commenter pointed out that there was a dramatic drop in the birth rate starting in 2009 with The Obama Depression.
Has anyone seen any articles and research on what this is already doing to all levels of education?
Just like I’ve know for years that illegal aliens were wanted by the Ass. of Realtors, the biggest, single lobbying and money giving org in the world. (COC represents several different interest groups.)
So we also know Government Education is another self-serving group pushing for illegal aliens – to save their cushy overpaid jobs.