Report: The Senate Armed Services Committee Calls For Pentagon To Cease Rooting Out “Extremism” In The Military
“While not legally binding on the Pentagon, it appears to send a signal of congressional opposition to efforts to counter extremist narratives in the military.”
The military is having recruitment and retention issues unlike any in decades, almost all are self-inflicted, and the radical Joe “I am the Democratic Party” Biden administration seems determined to fulfill Obama’s goal of reducing our military to pre-World War II levels.
At LI, we’ve covered much of the Biden military’s woke war on wrongthink; here are just a few:
- Biden’s Pentagon Nominee Vows To Purge Ideological “Enemies … Within Our Own Ranks”
- Ideological Capture: When Top Military Leaders Adopt Critical Race Theory Verbiage
- Defense Secretary to Order a Military-Wide Stand Down to Address ‘Extremism’
- Pentagon to Monitor Military Social Media for ‘Extremist and Concerning Behavior’
- U.S. Army Officer Resigns over Biden’s Vaccine Mandate, ‘Marxist Takeover of the Military’
- U.S. Army Boots over 60,000 National Guard and Reservists Who Remain Unvaccinated from Covid
- Pentagon Could Punish Service Members for ‘Liking’ Supposed ‘Extremist’ Social Media Posts Under New Policy
- U.S. Special Operations Command’s new chief of diversity and inclusion investigated over social media posts
- U.S. Air Force Base Asserts Drag Queen Promotes “Readiness of the Military”
- Sen. Tom Cotton Grills Defense Secretary over Race-Based Programs in U.S. Military
- As US Navy Targets Pronouns, China Launches its Most Advanced Carrier
Amid the chaos and destruction created by turning our military into a regimented version of WokeU, Republicans on the Senate Armed Services Committee have had enough and are directly addressing a core problem that is severely damaging our nation’s military.
The Senate Armed Services Committee has called on the Defense Department to halt its programs to prevent and root out extremism in the ranks.
The report accompanying the Senate’s National Defense Authorization Act, which was made public late Monday, states the committee’s view that “spending additional time and resources to combat exceptionally rare instances of extremism in the military is an inappropriate use of taxpayer funds, and should be discontinued by the Department of Defense immediately.”
The language has not previously been reported in the press. While not legally binding on the Pentagon, it appears to send a signal of congressional opposition to efforts to counter extremist narratives in the military . . . .
The Committee’s approval hinged on the vote of Independent Maine Sen. Angus King.
Roll Call continues:
While the Senate report language suggests the committee as a whole supports halting counter-extremism training and analysis, the same document reveals that the committee approved including that section of the report by only the narrowest of margins: 14-12.
Every Republican on the committee voted for the motion, and every Democrat voted against it. Maine Independent Sen. Angus King’s vote in favor of the language tipped the balance in the GOP’s favor.
This is where I would normally urge you to read the rest, but don’t bother. I’ll sum it up for you: military bad, military a cesspit of extremism, and even if it’s not, even one trained active duty military member or veteran poses an existential threat to the entire U.S. government.
It’s long been the radical left’s strategy to tear down and destroy American institutions and to build up and replace them with their own hyper-partisan and -ideological versions of the same thing. How long before we start hearing about Obama’s “civilian national security force” that is “just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded” as the U.S. military? Only, you know, woke and answering only the radical left and its two-tier “justice” system.DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.