Leaked Intelligence Week at Legal Insurrection
All the news you may have missed.
Sunday, March 26, 2017 at 09:00am 4 Comments
You may have heard about this little development last week.
- House Intel Chairman: Trump Transition Team Under Surveillance During Obama Tenure
- Chairman Nunes Says Trump’s General Use of “Wiretapping” Was Correct
- House Intel Chair Nunes: “I would be concerned if I was the President”
This was also kind of a big deal.
- Terrorist Rasmea Odeh cops plea deal, to leave country
- Statement from family of Leon Kanner on Rasmea Odeh plea deal
- Statement from family of Edward Joffe on Rasmea Odeh plea deal
The media’s got a fever and the only prescription is more Chelsea.
- For what? Chelsea Clinton to get “Power of Women” Award
- Media Charges Forward With ‘Chelsea the Hero’ Narrative
This was painful to watch.
- Ryan Heads to the WH, Doesn’t Have the Votes for GOP Health Insurance Bill
- Trump Tweets, Pressuring House Freedom Caucus to Support GOP Health Insurance Bill
- Putin Critic Assassinated in Ukraine was ‘Act of Terrorism’
- LONDON UPDATES: ISIS Claims Responsibility, Attacker Identified
- Germany: Merkel’s Challenger Schulz Kicks Off Campaign By Bashing Trump
They might have to do it without tax dollars.
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.
As interesting as this “Wiretapping” stuff is, it is like two people arguing before a football game about who is going to win. All of our speculation and comments are meaningless until the final report is submitted to us. Even then, I do not expect the truth, in totality, to be in it.
As the surveillance were being pushed in the US, the compelling argument was 1) these were forensic tools were needed to deal with terrorists and criminals (true) and 2) sufficient punishment would deter the temptation to misuse the information for political purposes (not yet proven).
The former administration, as well as other, supposedly unaffiliated leftists groups, abused the information for political purposes, and there has been no action effective to deter this behavior in the future.
We now have enough information to show that prosecutable offenses occurred, and the evidence so far points to highly placed political appointees. Those who say that this evidence does not point to the President are more than disingenuous: he had the power and responsibility to put a stop to this nonsense, just as Hillary had the power and responsibility to run a campaign on the issues instead of (very weak and manufactured) evidence for character assassination. Plausible deniability is not even sufficient cover to put a fig leaf on this criminal behavior.
If Comey was correct and the Whitehouse was briefed quarterly and the investigation started in July ,then Obama received at least two briefings.
I would say is there was nothing being found Obama owed the American people two things
1. Shut down the investigation
2. Insure info was properly sealed
He did neither,if fact if he did his job no one would ever know of this.
Wow. There is just a lot of “nuthin'” there……..