Earlier today I asked Kemberlee if we were all Melissa-Clicked out.
She said we were. I disagree.
The most famous redheaded muscle prof in the world is the blog post gift that keeps on giving.
Slow news day? Click.
Scrambling to fill blog post time slot? Click.
Want people to click? Click.
The latest screaming clickbait (actually, it’s double clickbait because if you are seeing this near the top of the homepage, you have to Click a second time to see what the story is about — see what I did there?):
From the Chronicle of Higher Ed, Being Melissa Click:
Last fall, as Melissa Click yelled and pointed her way into infamy, she quickly became a caricature of a radical faculty member who represented everything conservative lawmakers and pundits hate about academe, right down to her research on Twilight.
But while the video of her screaming at a student went viral, turning her into the Melissa Click, the confrontation on a quad during a protest here last year really wasn’t that remarkable, in her mind. The assistant professor of communication at the University of Missouri was just doing what other professors and administrators were doing there, too, she says. So why did she lose her job?
She has one idea. Under pressure from state legislators, she says, Missouri’s Board of Curators fired her to send a message that the university and the state wouldn’t tolerate black people standing up to white people. “This is all about racial politics,” she says. “I’m a white lady. I’m an easy target.”
Melissa, click, don’t ever stop being you.
Click on the links below for our full Click click click coverage:
- Mizzou Prof Charged With 3rd Degree Assault
- Redheaded Mizzou Muscle Prof. Suspended
- Video: Mizzou Red-Headed Social Justice Warrior Prof. in police confrontation
- Mizzou Fires world’s most famous red-headed Prof
- Mizzou Denies World’s Most Famous Red-Headed Prof Employment Appeal
- Mizzou Muscle Prof: We want people to take chances, don’t we?
- World’s most-famous Red-Headed Prof refuses to go away quietly
- Another problem for Red-headed Mizzou Muscle Prof
- Dear university administrators – Never go full “Melissa Click”
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.