Living in the Past Week in Higher Education
Your weekly report on campus news.
Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 08:00am 1 Comment
Why does it seem like so many things about higher education are going in reverse?
- Biden Picks Catherine Lhamon, Enemy of Campus Due Process, To Head Civil Rights Office in Education Dept.
- Biden Reversing Trump Rules to Allow Undocumented Students Access to Pandemic Aid
- New Diversity Hiring Practices at George Mason U. Encourage Choosing Skin Color Over Qualifications
The examples are everywhere.
- Columbia University Students Start Communist Club
- Young Democratic Socialists at UC-Santa Barbara Demand School Give $900 Payments to All Students
Critical race theory is also everywhere.
- As “Critical Race Theory” Becomes Toxic Term, New Codenames and Keywords Emerge
- American Medical Association Rejects “Equality” and “Meritocracy” In Just-Released “Racial Justice” and “Equity” Strategic Plan
- Washington Gov. Inslee Signs Bill Requiring Critical Race Training For Public School Teachers
Compare and contrast.
- Betsy DeVos: ‘Let’s be Really Clear. The 1619 Project is Not History’
- Psaki: Teaching Critical Race Theory, 1619 Project is ‘Responsible’
What political bias?
- Liberal Commencement Speakers Massively Outnumber Conservatives Yet Again
- Student Leaders at Point Loma Nazarene University Refuse to Approve Conservative Club
This is indoctrination.
- Canadian Professor Suspended and Forced to Undergo Training for ‘Denying Systemic Racism’
- U. Oklahoma Refuses to End Compelled Speech in Mandatory Diversity Training for Staff
Crazy and crazier.
- Northwestern Student Journalist Claims the Way White People Walk on Sidewalks is Racist
- Cornell University Librarian Declares Dewey Decimal System is Racist
Must just be a coincidence.
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.
Why does it seem like so many things are going in reverse?
Because we’re going the wrong way. Like Roy Riegals, who caught the ball and ran the wrong way, the people running our government took the ball away from Trump and are running as hard as they can in the opposite direction.