While You Were Focused On The Electoral College Vote, The Senate Filled The 7th Circuit Coney Barrett Seat
Trump’s 54th appointment to a Court of Appeals, a legacy to last a generation.
It’s full steam ahead for Mitch McConnell filling the few remaining federal judicial vacancies.
Today the seat on the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals vacated by now-Justice Amy Coney Barrett was filled.
Tonight the Senate confirmed Thomas Kirsch to replace Justice Amy Coney Barrett on the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, adding to a long list of Conservative judges confirmed under President @realDonaldTrump! Congratulations to this Great Hoosier, Judge Thomas Kirsch! pic.twitter.com/qomsrvXBCL
— Mike Pence (@Mike_Pence) December 15, 2020
This is Trump’s 54th appointment to a Court of Appeals. It’s hardly a substitute for reelection, but it is a lasting legacy for a generation.
For the historical record:
- While you were focused on COMEY, Trump nominated another group of CONSERVATIVE Judges (June 7, 2017)
- While you were focused on … Republicans kept moving judicial nominees through pipeline (February 18,2018)
- While you were distracted by [insert news cycle], Trump continued to reshape the federal judiciary (May 19, 2019)
- While you were watching the Democrat debates, Mitch McConnell rammed through more judges (August 1, 2019)
- While you were focused on Impeachment, Trump continued to transform the federal judiciary (November 4, 2019)
- While you were watching Gordon Sondland, Trump flipped the 11th Circuit (November 20, 2019)
- This week federal judiciary became one-fifth Trump-appointed, while media focused on Jerry Nadler (December 7, 2019)
- While you were focused on New Hampshire, more Trump judicial nominees were confirmed (February 12, 2020)
- While you were focused on the pandemic, Trump nominated two more Court of Appeals judges (April 5, 2020)
- While you were locked-in and focused on #Obamagate, the judicial confirmation train kept rolling towards November (May 14, 2020)
- As Trump runs out of appeals court vacancies to fill, Lindsey Graham calls for ‘originalist’ judges to take Senior Status (May 28, 2020)
- LIVE: Trump nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court (September 26, 2020)
- While You Were Focused on The Kraken, the Senate Continued Confirming Trump Federal Judges (November 19, 2020)
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.