We will continue to focus on timeless issues of free speech, capitalism, and liberty, which are under threat from the ‘cancel culture’ which has spread from campuses to the rest of society, particularly high tech.
What a crazy year. While recent events are not behind us, at the Legal Insurrection Foundation we are looking forward. We will continue to focus on timeless issues of free speech, capitalism, and liberty, which are under threat from the ‘cancel culture’ which has spread from campuses to the rest of society, particularly high tech. You can help in this fight by supporting our efforts. Donate Here.
You can read about Legal Insurrection Foundation’s first year of operation as a 501(c)(3), and our many accomplishments, in Legal Insurrection Foundation is One Year Old.
Here are some of the things that have happened in this second year of our existence, so far, and what we have planned for 2021 (in no particular order):
- Investigations: Expanding our Investigations, particulary through public records requests, will be a big part of 2021. In addition to hiring Leah Baldacci, Esq. as Investigations Counsel, we have put in place software systems to enable us to fight these battles. We already have launched a joint investigation with Judicial Watch as to UCF Professor Charles Negy, and with the Free Beacon as to Upstate Medical. By teaming up with larger organizations, we maximize our own resources, but will go it alone when needed.
- Future Reader Receptions: Our February 2020, Los Angeles Reader Reception was the last for a while due to the pandemic, but we did hold a Virtual Reader Reception. Hopefully 2021 will bring more face-to-face meetings with readers. See you in the fall?
- More Online Programs. Because the pandemic forced us to cancel our in-person events, such as the planned Florida Free Speech speaking tour, we moved online, offering programs on Constitutional Rights in the Age of Government Overreach, Campus to Culture: A Pandemic of Free Speech Repression, The Ongoing Cultural Purge, “Saving Higher Ed From Cancel Culture”, Due Process on Campus, What’s Next?, Pre-Election Rundown, and How Critical Race Training Is Harming Higher Ed. Expect more of this in 2021 regardless of the pandemic.
- Taking on the Intersectional Left. We continued to investigate intersectional leftist groups like AMP and that will remain a big focus in 2021.
- Standing Up For True Anti-Racism. We have spent a lot of time and money to build out a separate website devoted to documenting Critical Race Training in Higher Education, and the racist “antiracist” indoctrination taking place on hundreds of campuses. We hoped to have it live by now, but ran into some techincal difficulties. The weaponization of racial tensions for political purposes was one of the big stories of 2020, and it’s not going away. We will be in the middle of it.
- Legal Insurrection Website Remake. We have started a major overhaul of the Legal Insurrection website, with a hoped-for rollout around February 1. It will retain the feel of Legal Insurrection, but be much faster and more reliable. We are eliminating about half the ads (please clap) and moving some other slow-to-load features off the home page. There will be a new layout, but we’re not going to become a generic boxy red-black-and-white website.
- Staying in the Fight. More than anything, we will continue to be in the mix, to cover and uncover issues that can change the trajectory of key issues. We may not be able to do everything, and don’t purport to, but what we do we think we do better than anyone else.
By donating to the Legal Insurrection Foundation, you can be part of this fight.
While we receive some money from advertising, the vast bulk of our resources comes from donations, of which readers are a critical component. We run a very lean shop and punch far above our weight. As I’ve said before, you get more mileage per dollar donation here than just about anywhere else.
As a 501(c)(3), donations are tax deductible to the full extent permitted by law. You can donate by credit card or PayPal at this link, or by check payable to Legal Insurrection Foundation, 18 Maple Ave #280, Barrington, RI 02806. Our IRS approval letter and Tax I.D. are linked at the donation page.
Let me also extend my deepest personal thanks to the readers, old and new, who stood by me and supported me when I became the object of Cornell Law School’s two minutes of hate. I am forever indebted to you.
As always, we thank you for your support.DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.