“[Adams] stood there, his face was flat.”
The parents of murdered EMT FDNY Lt. Alison Russo-Elling confronted NYC Mayor Eric Adams at her wake over the violence engulfing the city.
Russo-Elling was stabbed to death in broad daylight in Queens while buying food. Authorities charged Peter Zisopouloss, 34, with murder and weapon possession.
Suffolk County Legislator Leslie Kennedy saw Frank and Catherine Fuocco’s interaction with the mayor. She described it as “courteous.”
An EMS worker said the “parents didn’t hold back.” Their comments included anger and jokes, “but they definitely let him have it.”
From The New York Post:
Catherine Fuocco did most of the talking, telling the former NYPD cop-turned-Hizzoner, “You know what to do.
“Weren’t you a police officer for 30 years?” Catherine told Adams, according to Kennedy.
When Adams replied “yes,” Catherine said, “You know what to do.
“Please, give me back my city,” the mom said, according to Kennedy.
“It was courteous — they were saying what we’re saying: ‘Make my city better, make my city better.’ [Adams] stood there, his face was flat. At the end, he said some brief statements that were comforting and accepting of what was said to him,” Kennedy said.
Zisopoulos allegedly followed and slammed Russo-Elling to the ground and stabbed her over 20 times last Thursday around 2:20 PM in Queens.
Authorities have Zisopoulos undergoing a psychiatric evaluation. The New York Post reported he “allegedly confessed to the crime.”
Russo-Elling’s EMS unit transported Zisopoulos to a hospital in April 2018 “after he made anti-Asian threats online.” Doctors “diagnosed” him “with a serious mental health condition at the time.”
New York City is a dumpster fire. I’ve noticed a lot of it is because of the lax bail reform laws and progressive district attorneys:
- Man Used as a Poster Child for NY Bail Reforms Arrested on Attempted Murder Warrant
- NYPD Cops Quitting Before They Qualify for Pensions: Leaders are ‘Putting Victims and Police in Jeopardy’
- Eric Adams Ran on Solving New York City’s Crime Problem But Crime in the City is Skyrocketing
- NYC Mayor Wants Bail Changes After DA Defends Releasing 16-Year-Old Boy Who Allegedly Beat Up Cop Without Bail
- Only After Backlash the Bronx Prosecutors Want to Upgrade Charges of Man Who Sucker Punched Man Into Coma
- Suspected NYC Thief Arrested for Attempted Rape After DA Bragg Released Him Without Bail
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.