As has become a tradition here at LI, authors share their predictions for the coming year.
Following are LI author predictions for 2022.
1. Hello President Harris, and Vice President Julian Castro.
2. Racist policies and practices aimed at achieving “equity” will intensify, as will the building backlash.
3. Related to #2: The parents movement to halt the racialization and sexualization of K-12 will reheat, as will teachers union and local educrat attacks on parents. Homeschooling, school choice, and follow-the-student funding will become the civil rights issues of our time and a rallying cry for 2022 elections.
4. The current cold civil war will grow with “Free” and growing red states versus “Woke” and declining blue states, but the divide will not be just geographic, it will increasingly play out in personal interactions within communities (as it already is).
5. I will be glad to have started prepping, and will regret not doing even more if we get the Zombie Apocalypse (which I’m not ruling out, but not predicting).
6. I am not predicting, as I have most years in the past, a major war in the Middle East, which means it probably will happen because I am a counter-indicator.
2022 will be a lot better than 2021 because I have these two beautiful girls. Everyone, meet Artemis and Jett! I adopted them a month after Alf passed away. I was not ready but something (I think you are right, Fuzzy. I think Alf brought them to me!) told me to adopt these two beautiful girls. I owe a lot to Fuzzy. As a fellow cat lover, she helped me out a lot with Alf and Bingo.
On the political side, I predict a lot of the same. The elites will ignore us plebes, attempt to divert anything negative away from Biden and Harris, and continue to try to persuade us that they truly do know what is best for you and me. I doubt this “pandemic” will end because they love the control so many sheep handed to them. Thank goodness I live in Oklahoma.
There might be hope, though. Look what happened in Naples at midnight on New Year’s Day.
In Naples, Italy, the mayor cited COVID to announce a ban on fireworks for a second straight New Year’s Eve. This was the response from citizens.pic.twitter.com/duu7Jkb7yK
— Michael P Senger (@MichaelPSenger) January 1, 2022
I see 2021 politics repeating in 2022. Don’t be surprised if the Republicans do not take back the House. We all know the left will do anything to stay in power.
However, it will be hard for me to think of politics this year. Please keep my family, especially my dad, in your thoughts and prayers. I hope he continues to improve every day and has a glorious 2022. No one deserves it more than him. My mom, too!
We’re in for a bumpy ride in 2022, but as things stand now, it looks like the GOP will retake at least the House and possibly the Senate in November.
Until then, there is likely to be a lot of out of touch “outreach” by Democrats to Hispanics and Latinos. They are desperate to stem the tide of Latinos and Hispanics fleeing the Democrats for the Republicans, but not desperate enough to come to terms with why its happening and what really needs to happen to win them back. They’ll keep shrieking “Latinx” and America is racist and “white supremacist,” touting open borders, and promising “free” stuff via commie policies like the Green New Deal. In other words, they won’t change a thing, and it will show at the polls in November.
The Biden administration will continue to weaponize the FBI, the entire Justice Department, the IRS, and whatever other alphabet agencies they can strong-arm into forwarding the Democrat’s America Last agenda. This will include increased efforts to silence parents who will continue to defend their children’s education. This will just create more anger and resentment, and it will show at the polls in November.
Blue staters fed up with their state and local government will continue moving to Free red states; hopefully, leaving their poor choices behind and embracing their chosen Free state. I’m not counting on that one, though. If we’ve learned one from thing from the supposed “fall of communism,” we know that most of them never learn and just move on to wreak their destruction and hopelessness elsewhere.
Something has to give with right social media, everyone needs one place to gather ala Twitter. Only not Twitter. Obviously. President Trump’s new media company is set to launch something this spring, so hopefully, it will be the place we can all gather and share our thoughts, links, snark, love for America, and our great sense of humor.
I predict that Biden and the Democrats will work harder than ever this year to destroy the greatness of America and unless we take back control of Congress in this next election it will be irreversible.
Bearing in mind that the left will never stop trying, what will Republicans do to slow them down into the future if we do win?
1) Politicians and “experts” will continue to backpedal on all COVID policies, as the virus continues its evolution to become a member of the common cold family of respiratory viruses.
2) Despite election antics, the Republicans will crush the Democrats in Nov. 2022. Not because the GOP is awesome, but because the Democratic Party policies have resulted in disaster.
3) Legal Insurrection will have continued success in its efforts against Critical Race Theory.
Given the increasingly volatile world in which we live, I will not make any sweeping or bold predictions for the coming year, but I clearly see a few threats looming on the horizon.
China will remain the biggest challenge for the U.S. foreign policymakers and military planners. The Biden administration’s policy of ‘diplomatic engagement’ has only emboldened the Communist regime that increasingly threatens to invade its Asian neighbors and dreams of global dominance.
In the Middle East, the Iranian regime is racing towards a nuclear bomb. The EU-sponsored Vienna talks to restore the flawed Obama-era nuclear deal is failing even by the admissions of the negotiators dispatched by the Biden White House. Boasting of its potential nuclear status, Tehran is renewing its threats to ‘annihilate’ Israel and arming its terror militias from Lebanon to Yemen.
Russia, backed by China, is going ahead with the military buildup on its western borders as it demands the rollback of NATO from eastern Europe and asserts in hegemony over former Soviet republics and eastern bloc countries.
At a time when the world needs the U.S. leadership the most since the end of the Cold War, the Biden White House appears to be unwilling and unprepared to face the emerging global threats and challenges.
1. SCOTUS: The Supreme Court will issue blockbuster rulings on vaccine mandates, abortion, the Second Amendment, and race-based preferences in college admissions. The high court will declare that Biden’s vaccine mandates are unconstitutional. On abortion, the court will continue to recognize the right nominally, but will eliminate the viability demarcation. On the Second Amendment, the court will find that the right to self-defense exists outside the home, and will strike down restrictive “proper cause” laws. On affirmative action, the court will take up the Harvard admissions case and will rule that race can no longer be a factor in admissions decisions.
2. MIDTERMS: Republicans will sweep the midterms. They will flip more than 35 House seats and a couple Senate seats, winning back the majorities in both chambers. Anger and frustration from suburban parents who are fed up with leftwing policies in schools, heavy-handed Covid-related mandates, crime in their communities, and skyrocketing inflation will play a big part in this, as well as in the general realignment of party constituencies. A record number of Republican seats will be held by women and minorities.
3. CRIME: Crime will continue to surge across the U.S., and there will be a push to vote leftwing prosecutors out of office. On that, at least one of the efforts to recall the District Attorneys in Los Angeles and San Francisco will be successful.
4. COVID: Emphasis will finally be put on development and manufacturing of therapies for COVID. Those will roll out and be available for the general public, and we will all finally learn to live with the virus.
5. CULTURE: In Alyssa Milano’s living room, Chairman Mao’s portrait falls off the wall and strikes Milano in the head. She suffers no injury (thanks in no small part to the protection provided by her pussy hat), but the blow causes her to experience a life-altering epiphany and re-register as a conservative Republican.
Despite sporadic local efforts at restoring law and order, homelessness and drug addiction will continue to grow in California’s flagship cities. The exodus to both red towns and states will continue.
Republicans will ride a tsunami, particularly in states that require ID to vote, but it will feel underwhelming because expectations are high.
Tens of millions of people will find it very difficult to give up the masks.
Happy New Year!
Looking at my 2020 predictions, I can conclude that I’m really bad at this.
Trump did not win reelection and the Republican did not retake the House. And it took another whole year before Israel had a decisive election.
I wonder if Glenn Youngkin’s victory in Virginia means that the craziness of the Democratic party is starting to frighten non-activist voters. What that will translate to in elections this year, I have no idea. I don’t expect that a Republican will succeed Larry Hogan in Maryland.
But a specific prediction?
I suspect that the Biden administration will at some point in the middle of the year will announce that it had successfully negotiated a follow-on deal to the JCPOA with Iran. Of course, it will be something that, like the original, ensures that Iran can continue its pursuit of nuclear weapons with relatively little international interference. It might even be followed up with a diplomatic initiative aimed at bringing peace between Israel and the Palestinians, with the Biden administration citing the new nuclear accord as reason that Israel is strong enough to make an enduring deal with the Palestinians.
Israel will face ongoing tension between the ultra-Orthodox and everyone else.
Biden will continue to promote negotiations between Israel and the Palestinian Authority. The PA will not offer a peace proposal of its own or endorse any proposal from Washington.
There will be growing disorder in the West Bank.
The PA and Hamas will continue to move toward war with each other. Hamas’ popularity will continue to rise in the West Bank and fall in the Gaza Strip. If and when Abbas dies, Hamas will try to seize control of the West Bank.
Roe v. Wade/Casey v. Planned Parenthood will be sharply limited if not overruled. Democrats will use the issue to rally support in the mid-terms.
China will make a play for Taiwan – possibly by cowing Taiwan into “agreeing” to an anschluss, otherwise by invasion. If the latter, it will start sometime between the end of the Olympics and the beginning of the Chinese Communist Party Congress in October, and probably on a Saturday morning local time. China will of course have insiders operating in Taiwan, some out of belief, some paid operatives, and many helping China out of fear of what China will do to them when it takes over Taiwan and fear of what will happen to their families in Taiwan and in China itself.
China’s goal will be to have its seizure a fait accompli before the US reacts – preferably by Monday morning but at least by the end of the week. China reads Biden as indecisive and weak, and it also has blackmail dirt on him because it knows exactly where the money it paid him via Hunter Biden (and other family members and businesses) went. If it can finish its takeover before the political pressure on Biden to respond becomes intolerable, the US will stand by and do nothing at all.
The Baltic states will conclude they can’t rely solely on the US and NATO for defense and will move toward creating a separate alliance with Poland and each other.
Iran will have two explosions:
i. The Iranian public will explode again against the regime’s oppression and mismanagement of the economy, Covid, and ongoing drought.
ii. Iran will successfully detonate a nuclear bomb.
Since Democrats have nothing to run on and Biden’s presidency has already failed, I predict Democrats and the media will spend every waking moment from now until November talking about January 6th.
Republicans will retake the House and possibly the Senate, at which point many of the Democrats who have spent months calling Republicans ‘election deniers’ will start coming up with conspiracy theories about how Republicans cheated to win and people in media will agree with them.
(1) I think that many people will say that Joe Biden will no longer be president by the end of 2022, because he will be removed for health reasons. And yet I’m going to go out on a limb and predict that he’ll still be hanging in there, despite his low approval ratings. The Democrats simply don’t have any viable alternatives at the moment. He’s serving a function, and he’ll remain.
(2) There will be an election in November. Oh, I have to say more than that about it? Well, I think it’s pretty clear that the Democrats will continue to try to make universal rules for voting that do away with protections against fraud and override state attempts to do otherwise. Because that doesn’t seem possible to accomplish right now through legislation such as HR1, the attempt will be through executive orders of some kind, and they will be challenged in court by the right. The Democrats will also mount court challenges against every state attempt to tighten the voting rules. The outcome of the election will depend on which side wins this battle over fraud opportunities.
(3) COVID will fade, very slowly, into the sunset. But another crisis will take its place that will “require” a federal government solution.
(4) Malls will continue to close, and Amazon and other mail order sellers will continue to dominate.
(5) Inflation will worsen.
(6) More people will realize how destructive the left is, and there will be increased grassroots opposition.
And a wonderful 2022 to all!DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.