Equity Through Mediocrity Week in Higher Education
Your weekly report on campus news.
Thanks and credit to Professor Jonathan Turley for inspiring the title of this week’s higher education round-up.
We already have quite a bit of mediocrity floating around in education, don’t we?
- University of Michigan Students Accuse Prof. Of Racism For Screening Olivier’s ‘Othello’ In Class
- New Middlebury College Counseling Director Blames Mental Suffering on Whiteness, Heteronormativity
- Georgetown Prof Slammed for Mocking Parental Involvement in Their Kids’ Education
The battle over CRT rages on.
- UCLA School of Law Hiring Administrator to Fight Attacks on Critical Race Theory
- Critical Race Group Targets Diverse List Of Anti-CRT “Frontline Spokespeople”
- Harassment Of Providence Anti-Critical Race Whistleblower Teacher Ramona Bessinger Intensifies
Schools are still trying to ignore parents.
But parents are not backing down.
Even Mitch McConnell is getting involved.
Democrats are trying to mandate CRT by planting ‘ethnic studies’ in lower grades.
- Gavin Newsom Signs Bill Requiring Critical Race-Related ‘Ethnic Studies’ for All High School Graduates
- Jewish and Watchdog Groups Raise Alarm Over Ethnic Studies Legislation in Massachusetts
Cancel culture is still alive and well.
- Cancel Culture Fail: Thousands Register for Lecture at Princeton by Prof Axed by MIT Over Twitter Mob
- Student Wants Ronald Reagan’s Name Removed From UCLA Medical Center
- Journalist Turns Down Invitation to Speak at DePaul U. After Student Paper Accuses Him of Racism
This is STILL going on?
- American Assoc. of University Professors to Investigate Racism at UNC-Chapel Hill Over Hannah-Jones Tenure Drama
What political bias?
- Yale Law School Student Accused of ‘Triggering’ Classmates With Federalist Society Membership, Using ‘Trap House’ in Invitation
These things happen.
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.
Half the population is better than mediocre and half is worse. The problem isn’t valorizing mediocrity but valorizing stupidity.
Mediocre because excellence is over-rated.
Remember when Roman Hruska defended Carswell’s nomination for SCOTUS because mediocre people deserve representation too?
Then we got Garland, to whom Carswell is like Edison.
As in most areas, the terms excellence and diversity cannot be used together.