Because I am a glutton for punishment, I read the anti-Zionist Mondoweiss website.
I do it, so you don’t have to.
Seems pretty much on target to me.
[NOTE – The video was taken down after furious complaints from the international media, including The NY Times. Here is a version captured by another outfit]
This comes, of course, in anticipation of a hit job on Israel by the UN Human Rights Commission in a report to be released this week regarding the 2014 Gaza conflict.
In that conflict, the media played a key role in covering up Hamas use of civilians as shields:
- Hamas: We intimidated reporters into not covering rocket firing
- Foreign Press Assoc protests “blatant, incessant, forceful and unorthodox” Hamas intimidation
- Watch Hamas set up and fire rocket next to residential buildings
- Hamas hides in, under and around Gaza’s main hospital, and the media covers it up
- Media cover-up of Hamas crimes starting to unravel
- More media cover-up for Hamas exposed
For example, this tweet exposing Hamas’ use of Gaza’s main hospital, Al-Shifa, was deleted:
As was this article by a Palestinian journalist about his interrogation down the hall from the operating room in the same hospital:
This Finnish reporter accurately reported rocket fire from near Al-Shifa, but then complained when people reported about her report:
Key disclosures were made only after reporters left Gaza, but by that time the narrative set by the media had been set:
On balance, I think the Israeli MFA video is too kind. A.F. Branco captured the media bias precisely in this cartoon last summer:DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.