I. Am. Dying. From. Laughter.
Stacey Abrams and other lefties have a ton of eggs on their face. Remember when they screamed the new Georgia voting law would restrict minorities from voting? The Republicans want to make it as hard as possible for minorities to vote!
Even The Washington Post admitted this weekend that the law has not affected anyone’s ability to vote.
Dying, you guys. Dying. From WSBTV:
More Georgians went to the polls during the 2022 primary elections early voting period than ever before, according to the Secretary of State’s Office.
Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger announced over the weekend that the three-week voting period saw voters show up in record numbers.
In total, 857,401 Georgians cast their ballots ahead of election day. Nearly 93% of those ballots were cast in person. The remaining 7% were cast absentee.
The Secretary of State’s office says these numbers show a 168% increase in early voting turnout from the last gubernatorial primary in 2018 and 212% increase from the last presidential primary in 2020.
Both parties have seen a surge in early voting:
On the Republican side, according to the secretary of state’s office, there were 453,929 early votes and 29,220 absentee votes so far this primary season (the absentee votes will keep coming in through Election Day on Tuesday). This is compared with just 153,264 early votes and 14,795 absentee voters during the last, pre-pandemic midterm, in 2018.
The Democrats have seen a similar surge. In 2022, there were 337,245 early votes and 31,704 absentee votes so far, compared with only 134,542 early votes and 13,051 absentee votes in 2018.
The Washington Post interviewed some people who still believe the law has affected people’s ability to vote. But buried at the end of the article, of course, is an interview with one woman:
Patsy Reid — 70 years old, Black and retired — said she was surprised she didn’t encounter problems when she voted early this month. Reid cast her ballot for Abrams in the Democratic primary but feared that her vote could be discounted given reports of voter suppression against people of color in Georgia.
“I had heard that they were going to try to deter us in any way possible because of the fact that we didn’t go Republican on the last election, when Trump didn’t win,” Reid said. “To go in there and vote as easily as I did and to be treated with the respect that I knew I deserved as an American citizen — I was really thrown back.”
While WaPo admitted that early voting has gone up the authors filled the article with doubts from people. One man said the law made it hard for him to vote because he didn’t want to take any chances with the mail-in ballot. So the man voted in person.
The man could not vote the way he wanted to but still easily voted. In other words, it did not suppress his vote.
Stacey Abrams, who hopes to win a second term as governor (sarcasm, you guys!), called Georgia the worst state. Now there’s proof she dissed the state’s voting laws for nothing.DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.