“A female came up from behind me, spun me around, and punched me in the face and then grabbed my hat off my head and was just yelling, ‘How dare you.'”
A retired NYPD detective in Nashville said a woman punched him at his birthday party over his MAGA style birthday hat.
Daniel Sprague was at The Stage bar on Broadway sporting a gift his wife gave him for his 50th birthday bash—a hat that says “Make 50 Great Again.” The hat is styled to look like a “Make America Great Again” hat that supporters of President Donald Trump wear.
“People were just coming up to me and, you know, just loving the little word play on the hat and taking pictures and wishing me happy birthday,” Sprague told News4.
However, one woman at the bar was not as amused.
“At one point,” Sprague said, “A female came up from behind me, spun me around, and punched me in the face and then grabbed my hat off my head and was just yelling, ‘How dare you.'”
The punch was hard enough to cut Sprague’s face.
The bartender kicked out Sprague and the woman before he could call the cops, but he filed a police report:
The Metropolitan Nashville Police Department confirmed that they took a report on the incident.
“Suspect grabbed his hat from his head and punched him in the face,” according to the report. “He stated that when the suspect hit him in the face, he did not hit her back.”
Sprague admitted he loves President Donald Trump, but said he would not “sit someone who had a Bernie hat on.”
The MAGA hat is a true trigger for snowflakes:
- Poll Finds Nearly 30 Percent of Democrat College Students Would Ban MAGA Hats on Campus
- Prof Calls Student’s MAGA Hat an ‘Undeniable Symbol of White Supremacy’
- U. Florida Student Attacked for Wearing Trump Hat on July 4th
- Former DNC public relations consultant furious he was told to leave restaurant after berating diner in MAGA hat
- Woman Loses Job After Chewing Out Elderly Man in MAGA Hat
- NYC Bartender Disciplined for Refusing Service to Man in MAGA Hat
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.