As I was joining a friend for lunch at a local craft beer establishment, I caught this bumper sticker that I can’t help but share with you.
Today, this sentiment is even more true.
You may recall last week that a Fox News pundit referred to President Obama as “delusional” over his claims that climate change was a national security issue.
Obama’s most recent statements clearly show he has left the junction of reason and sanity:
On Tuesday, President Obama hosted a discussion at the White House with a group of 75 young Southeast Asian Leaders on themes of civic engagement, environment and natural resources management and entrepreneurship. The group is the first cohort from the Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) Fellows Program.
In a a question and answer session that took place, the president was asked how he would like the world to remember him. He said that he wants Americans to know that America once again became “the most respected country on earth” under his watch.
“People don’t remember, when I came into office, the United States in world opinion ranked below China, barely above Russia,” Obama said. “And today, once again, the United States is the most respected country on earth, and part of that I think is because of the work that we did to reengage the world and say that we want to work with you as partners, with mutual interests and mutual respect.”
Here are a few highlights from the “respect files”:
* ISIS says its goal is to kill Obama and slaughter Christians.
* Russian President Vladimir Putin mocks President Barack Obama for criticizing Russia’s role in the ongoing crisis in Ukraine.
* Russia conducts a nuclear bomber flight near Alaska.
* Barack Obama is ridiculed by Chinese state media, who have also mocked his “Yes we can” mantra.
* The US expects to face down China in the South China Sea.
* While proclaiming a great new era in relations with Latin America, some notice that the administration has not spent much time nor energy there over the past six years.
* The Indians label Obama with “underachiever” label.
And, really, who could forget the anti-Obama video from Egypt, produced in response to his support of the Muslim Brotherhood?
The following quote from the “Harry Dresden” book series seems most apt:
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.