Some of these may turn into full posts at some time, but for today, just snippets:
- Richard Lugar, facing conservative challenger Richard Mourdock, is resurrecting the false meme that the Tea Party cost Republicans control of the Senate in 2010. Au contraire, Carley Fiorina (CA), Dino Rossi (WA) and John Raese (W.Va) were establishment candidates chosen because they were establishment and who lost winnable races. Nevada is the biggest false meme; Sue Lowden lost the primary to Sharron Angle because Lowden self-destructed (chickens for medical services) and was targeted by the Reid machine. If Lowden couldn’t survive the Reid machine in the primaries, she would not have won the general. The Lugar – Mourdock primary match up definitely is on my radar.
- Israel reportedly has bombed a convoy of vehicles in Sudan. There also have been other attacks on weapons smugglers this year, now just being reported.
- Hamas says it may join the PLO to help restore PLO to original mission, destruction of Israel.
- What a bunch of kill joys, How to Discuss Climate Change With Your Uncle During the Holidays (because after racist relatives, climate change deniers are the biggest problem at family Christmas dinners).
- More to come.
- POTUS has Coffee with Progressive Media Stars: The usual suspects, Ezra Klein (WaPo), Greg Sargent (WaPo), Rachel Maddow, Ed Schultz, Josh Marshall (TPM), Faiz Shakir (Think Progress) and others.
- Iran again considering executing woman convicted of adultery. They are studying whether her death sentence by stoning can be changed to hanging.
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.