Your weekly report from the world of higher education.
With all the problems facing higher education right now, why are pronouns such a hot issue?
- Gender Neutral Pronouns Come to Harvard
- U. of Tennessee Knoxville Wants Everyone Using ‘Gender Inclusive’ Pronouns
- Watch College Students React to Strange New Gender Pronouns
Pronouns aren’t the only troubling words.
- Washington State Students Told Not to Use Terms ‘Illegal Alien, Male and Female’
- Washington State Disavows Syllabus Which Bans Certain Words
- North Carolina State Women’s Studies Class Doesn’t Allow the Word ‘Mankind’
Statues are apparently also a big problem.
- Jefferson Davis Statue Removed From the University of Texas
- Stanford’s “Angel of Grief” Statue Vandalized as Arm is Cut Off
There is some push back.
- Students Boo Mandatory Diversity Class at University of Oklahoma
- Higher Education is No Place for Group Think
This week’s lesson from Prager University seems especially appropriate.
Some schools are having legal issues.
- Woman Sues Oregon State for Alleged Sex Assault Over Fifteen Years Ago
- Columbia in the Hot Seat Over Lawsuit From Student Accused by Mattress Girl
- Former Colgate University Student Sues After Being Expelled Due to Sex Misconduct Case
Compare and contrast.
- You Can Now Take a Course in Selfies at Indiana U. Northwest
- Increasing Number of College Students Are Using Marijuana Daily
Reminder: Higher education is controlled by liberals.
- Federal Reserve Study: College Degrees for Minorities No Guarantee of Raising Income
- SAT Scores Drop and Racial Gap Persists
The future is here.
- University in Maryland is Doing Away With Textbooks
- Harvard Business School Launches Virtual Classroom
When life gives you lemons…
He’ll probably fit right in.
Thanks for reading College Insurrection!
Featured image via YouTube.