Verizon has created a new ad which pushes the myth that girls are victims of sexism in the study of math and science. The Factual Feminist explains the truth below.
It must be due in part to all the empowerment.
Unfortunately, there may not be enough lifeboats for everyone.
You may be wondering why higher education is going down so quickly. Here are some clues…
Saddle up, pilgrims.
I’ll take John Wayne over Duke University any day. Oh, and speaking of Duke…
Young Americans are catching on.
As long as it’s 4th of July weekend let’s start with America, our country and the film.
While we’re on the subject of America, here’s some news about our president.
Title IX started out as a great idea but along the way devolved into a system of proportional representation or in other words, quotas. Sports programs for men are feeling the most pain.
At least there’s still a way to make money through college sports.
Higher education can’t keep going the way it has been.
- Conservative Scholars Agree Traditional Higher Ed Model Not Sustainable
- New Documentary Film Examines the High Cost of College
Everyone is trying to figure out new ways to stay afloat.
George Will recently wrote that colleges have become victims of progressivism.
Too bad so many people go there willingly…
- Campus Taco Bar Deemed Offensive
- Potential Candidate for White House Poet Laureate Offers “1-800-White Man Privilege Hotline”
Of course, some people really are forced to deal with extreme situations.
An odd thing is happening at UCLA.
Race based admissions…
- Black pundit unhappy with the Obama Economy of “Well Educated Baristas”
- Race is Really Important to Professor of Race Studies
Something ugly is also happening at Temple University.
Higher education could use more of this…
Speaking of the Constitution, remember freedom of religion?
- Religious Liberty Scholar Under Attack From LGBT Activists
- Notre Dame Gives Lame Excuse for Denying Student Group Recognition
- Prof Links UCSB Shooter’s Misogyny with Christianity
And freedom of the press?
If nothing else, the Class of 2014 will be remembered for commencement season.
Checking your privilege is all the rage on college campuses these days.
- Harvard’s Freshmen May Be Forced into ‘Check Your Privilege’ Training
- College Theater Production Features “White Privilege” Blame Game
- Funding for Cornell Student Groups Depends on ‘Diversity and Inclusion Plan’
Of course, if you don’t want to check your privilege, there are alternatives.
Have you gotten a sense that idiots have taken over higher education?
Sometimes learning new things is uncomfortable.
Sometimes certain words make people uncomfortable.
- Student Groups at Duke Appoint Themselves Word Police
- College ‘Trigger Warnings’ Get Noticed by the MSM
Some people are made uncomfortable by religion.