UNC – Chapel Hill now forbids mentioning of names:
UNC-Chapel Hill has asked WRDU 106.1, a Triangle station also known as “Rush Radio,” to stop referencing the school or the Tar Heel Sports Network during the broadcast of Rush Limbaugh’s daily talk show on the station.
The new practice, announced in a statement from the university, also prohibits mentioning Limbaugh’s show during the broadcast of UNC football and basketball games on Rush Radio.
UNC – Chapel Hill has a notorious reputation for free speech stifling codes, so I guess this is not much of a surprise. I wonder if the sensitivity to speech it doesn’t like extends across the political spectrum? (Obvious answer, No, because it likes the other speech.)
Forbidding the mentioning of names, sounds so Stalinist (or is it Kim Jong-Il -ish?).
More in our long slide:
- Kohler caves to pressure, ends Rush advertising (although it’s hard to tell if this is just another one of those preemptive moves, or if it actually advertised): “Thank you for your concern. We do not support the comments of Mr. Limbaugh and have pulled our advertising from his show.” Kohler’s Twitter account is @Kohler.
- An Unfortunate T-Shirt Hits Florida Streets In Wake Of Trayvon Martin Killing (h/t @JammieWF)
- MJ Rosenberg improves on Palestinian propaganda. Media Matters at its finest.
- Wisconsin journalists sign Walker recall petition. Nice to know, but how many wanted to sign it but didn’t want to be exposed for what they are? Better to know the bias up front.
- Allen West Attacked by AstroTurf Leftist Organization.
- more to follow.
- It begins, #ObamacaresAboutMe, hashtag started by Planned Parenthood, now cause for conservative Twitter mockery: