Image 01 Image 03

Iran’s President Admits Regime ‘Facing Serious Challenges’ While Demanding U.S. Concessions to End War

Iran’s President Admits Regime ‘Facing Serious Challenges’ While Demanding U.S. Concessions to End War

Tehran responds to President Trump’s proposal, wants to retain nuclear program and gain access to billions in frozen funds. 

The regime is “facing serious challenges” in the aftermath of the five-week-long U.S.-Israeli strikes, Iran’s President Masoud Pezeshkian admitted on Monday. Besides the decapitation of the regime’s leadership, Iran’s military-industrial infrastructure has been devastated by the operation Epic Fury, Pezeshkian confessed.

Sky News (UK) reported:

Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian has warned officials against painting a “false image” of the state of his country during the conflict with the US and Israel, according to the state news agency Mehr. (…)

Pezeshkian said power plants, petrochemical industries and steel facilities have been targeted and that Iran “should not falsely claim that we have no problems and that the enemy is being destroyed”. (…)

“We are also facing serious challenges.”

Iran responds to Trump’s proposal: Wants to retain nuclear program, gain access to frozen funds

The damning admission from Pezeshkian comes as Iran refuses to yield in ongoing talks with the U.S., insisting instead that Washington make concessions to end the war.

Iran’s latest proposal, like the previous ones, demands retaining its nuclear program and gaining access to billions in frozen funds, Reuters reported Monday:

Iran sent a new peace proposal to the United States with terms that appeared similar ‌to offers Washington has previously rejected, although a senior Iranian official told Reuters on Monday that the U.S. had softened positions on some issues.

A Pakistani source confirmed that Islamabad, which has conveyed messages between the sides in the war in the Middle East since hosting the only round of peace talks last month, had shared ​the latest proposal with Washington. But the source suggested progress had been difficult. (…)

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei confirmed that Tehran’s views had been “conveyed to the ⁠American side through Pakistan” but gave no details. Washington did not immediately comment.

The Iranian proposal, as described by the senior Iranian source, appeared ​similar in many respects to Iran’s previous offer, which U.S. President Donald Trump rejected last week as “garbage”.

It would focus first on securing an end ​to the war, reopening the Strait of Hormuz – a major oil supply route that Iran has effectively blockaded – and lifting maritime sanctions. More contentious issues around Iran’s nuclear programme and uranium enrichment would be deferred to later rounds of talks, the source said.

The White House will likely reject the latest Iranian proposal as it offers nothing new, Axios reported:

Iran has given an updated proposal for a deal to end the war, but the White House believes it is not a meaningful improvement and is insufficient for a deal, a senior U.S. official and a source briefed on the issue told Axios.

U.S. officials say President Trump wants a deal to end the war, but is considering resuming it due to Iran’s rejection of many of his demands and refusal to make meaningful concessions on its nuclear program.

Update:

President Trump on Monday afternoon announced that he had halted an impending U.S.-Israeli strike against Iran. He had done so to facilitate “serious negotiations are now taking place” between Washington and Tehran, he wrote on Truth Social. 

Iran delivered its latest proposal a day after President Donald Trump announced that the time was running out for the regime to respond to his 14-point memorandum delivered some 12 days ago.

“For Iran, the Clock is Ticking, and they better get moving, FAST, or there won’t be anything left of them. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!” he wrote on Truth Social.

President Trump vowed to resume strikes “at a much higher level and intensity” if Iran rejects his proposal, which includes opening the Strait of Hormuz and dismantling its nuclear weapons program. Last week, he said that the ceasefire was on a “massive life support” following an initial Iranian response to his proposal.

Meanwhile, President Trump on Monday blasted mainstream news outlets like The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and CNN for siding with the Iranian regime and demeaning U.S. military achievements during the war.

DONATE

Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.

Comments


 
 0 
 
 9
Peter Moss | May 18, 2026 at 1:25 pm

Wait, I was reliably informed by the NYT and other highly esteemed media outlets that the bumbling orange oaf had lost the war and all Americans would soon be speaking Farsi and praying towards Mecca.

Ya mean thats inaccurate?

Unpossible!

I think the truth of the matter is that Iran will capitulate sooner rather than later.

Retain their nuclear program? Ha!


 
 0 
 
 11
mailman | May 18, 2026 at 1:42 pm

Without an income Iran cannot fund their proxies around the world. This was a programme that Barry, peace be upon him, funded directly.

That right there is a win for humanity.

Without a nuclear weapons programme and without nuclear weapons, the weapons and programme Barry, peace be upon him, funded directly that too is a win for humanity.

All that happened only because the right man is in the White House.


 
 0 
 
 9
Spike3 | May 18, 2026 at 1:53 pm

“Demanding”
Big on ego, short on brains.
What an annoying and delusional cult they serve.


 
 0 
 
 5
henrybowman | May 18, 2026 at 2:19 pm

“Demanding U.S. Concessions to End War”
“Wants to retain nuclear program, gain access to frozen funds”

How do you say “chutzpah” in Farsi?


     
     0 
     
     8
    UnCivilServant in reply to henrybowman. | May 18, 2026 at 2:35 pm

    When you’re a fanatical member of an apocalyptic death cult, ending the war is not on the table, so any “negotiation” is just stalling for time or tweaking the enemy’s nose.

    This fight cannot be negotiated, it has to be ended by force.


     
     0 
     
     1
    Concise in reply to henrybowman. | May 18, 2026 at 3:35 pm

    Ok, I’ll be magnanimous. If Iran accepts the objective reality of their defeat, we won’t destroy what’s left. You’re welcome.


 
 0 
 
 1
nordic prince | May 18, 2026 at 2:37 pm

Iran “demanding” concessions reminds me of these bodycam videos where a drunken Karen or a Walmart shoplifter (“Why you arresting me? I didn’t do nuthin'”) takes it upon herself to lecture the cop about the law and trying to call the shots in their interaction with LEOs.


 
 5 
 
 3
ztakddot | May 18, 2026 at 2:51 pm

This would have all been over if Trump hadn’t wanted a deal for God knows what reason. Anyone else (not a democrat) would have bombed the stuffing out of them and Iran would have sued for peace without any lame demand for concessions. Instead we have this stupid kabuki theater going on which is neither entertaining nor productive.


     
     4 
     
     0
    MarkS in reply to ztakddot. | May 18, 2026 at 5:13 pm

    I agree, Trump really screwed the pooch on this one. none of his recent actions are indicative of an unconditional surrender by Iran,..maybe one by Trump


     
     0 
     
     1
    Hodge in reply to ztakddot. | May 19, 2026 at 12:43 am

    Trump is trying very very hard to do this without risking U.S. troops and without destroying the ability of Iran to support itself. This gambit requires patience but time is on our side not Iran’s. Frankly let the Mullahs stay in power if we otherwise attain our war aims: an open Strait of Hormuz and a de facto end to Iran’s nuclear weapon ambitions. I would much prefer that to an occupation. I might also imagine an Iranian civil war might happen.


       
       0 
       
       1
      ztakddot in reply to Hodge. | May 19, 2026 at 10:26 am

      Time is not on our side. The Mullahs don’t care about their population and they can afford to wait. Trump on the other hand has to deal with democrats and the press and the Eurotrash. He also has midterms coming up.

      No one is arguing for boots on the ground or occupation. Nor have I ever argued for destroying infrastructure. What I’ve argued for is targeting the mullahs, the government and the revolutionary guard and decimating them.

      Mullahs staying in power is not an option. We will be right back where we are now in 15-20 years. I doubt then based upon history that we will have a president willing to act.


         
         0 
         
         0
        Arnie in reply to ztakddot. | May 19, 2026 at 11:05 am

        The Mullahs are not in power. The IRGC has taken complete control.


         
         0 
         
         0
        Jaundiced Observer in reply to ztakddot. | May 19, 2026 at 1:51 pm

        Exactly how do you or DJT propose to a) change regime policy without changing the regime and b) change the regime without boots on the ground?

        The only time I can recall air power’s forcing regime change was Kodovo, and even that may have been caused by the imminent threat of the use of ground forces.


           
           0 
           
           0
          ztakddot in reply to Jaundiced Observer. | May 19, 2026 at 3:30 pm

          You are 100% correct that it is difficult to regime change via air power alone. Let me add though that WW2 Japan was such a case. I’m not advocating using nukes here though as much as I would like to,

          I think if you kill enough of the radicals, the mullahs , the government types, the revolutionary guard the military may execute a coup. Are they as radical as the Iranians in power? Don’t know. However it seems to me that if they were radical they would be part of the revolutionary guard and not in the military,

          Once the radicals are deposed and hopefully disposed of I’m thinking a military junta can stabilize the country and pave the way for them to reform a civilian government, Perhaps this is as idealistic as those that think you can make a bargain with the nutjobs currently in power.


     
     0 
     
     0
    ztakddot in reply to ztakddot. | May 19, 2026 at 3:24 pm

    Some of you people really need to stop fellating Trump. Despite what the democrats think he is human. He is not infallible. He makes mistakes. It is not treasonous to point out what you think are mistakes,

    I believe and I have said multiple times he appears to see everything through the lens of his real estate background. Everything to him is a deal and he sees and expresses things in those terms. Well, not everything is a deal to be made. Some people you can’t or shouldn’t do business with, The Mullahs are such a group, There are others too where deals may not be advisable or like to be successful because of their nature or philosophy or dishonesty,


 
 0 
 
 2
destroycommunism | May 18, 2026 at 5:26 pm

by “serious challenges” he meant

how do we get another fjb into the wh so they can regain access to a friendly wh and congress


 
 0 
 
 0
destroycommunism | May 18, 2026 at 5:28 pm

with omar and her crew running america

iran is winning that part of the battle

but trump is maga ,,and we need that!!


 
 0 
 
 1
slagothar | May 18, 2026 at 6:10 pm

This is the problem with wars these days, we aren’t allowed to win. Also have to negotiate a peace instead of unconditional surrender.

Ah, yes, concessions from the people who have the power to simply stop.
SMH


 
 0 
 
 0
Direwolf | May 19, 2026 at 9:11 am

The U.S. concedes Iran’s on its last leg (the one still attached to your comatose Gayatollah), and that it will get way worse for you if you don’t stfu and agree to what you need to agree to. There – concessions! Any questions?


 
 0 
 
 0
Arnie | May 19, 2026 at 11:07 am

Having failed to get PDJT to make ridiculous concessions, Iran is now trying to bypass Trump, so they can delay, delay, delay via ongoing fruitless negotiations with Arab countries.


 
 0 
 
 0
RightStuff1944 | May 19, 2026 at 8:15 pm

Iranian leadership has no loyalty to its citizens who have been held captive for almost 50 years. Leadership does not care if it’s citizens go hungry or if they die. I hope they don’t lose heart and lose confidence in president Trump. If leadership doesn’t begin to react positively toward proposals it is time to exact serious consequences.

Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.