Image 01 Image 03

Iranian Missile and Drone Strikes Target UAE Oil Infrastructure for Second Day

Iranian Missile and Drone Strikes Target UAE Oil Infrastructure for Second Day

Air defense systems “actively engaging” missiles and drones from Iran, UAE Defense Ministry confirms. 

Iran continued strikes on the United Arab Emirates for the second day, the country’s Defense Ministry confirmed Tuesday evening.

“The UAE, a key American ally, said it came under attack by Iranian missiles and drones for a second straight day on Tuesday,” the Associated Press reported. “At least three people were wounded in attacks the day before, and a drone sparked a fire at a key oil facility in the eastern emirate of Fujairah.”

The UAE armed forces are “actively engaging” with incoming missile and drone attacks from Iran, the Defense Ministry posted on X, adding that “the sounds heard in scattered areas of the country are the result of the UAE’s air defence systems intercepting ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, and drones.

On Monday, Iranian missiles and drones attacked energy infrastructure in the UAE, hitting its key oil facility in Fujairah. The New York Post described the Fujairah facility as the country’s “largest commercial storage hub for refined crude in the region.”

Tuesday’s strikes appear to be targeting the Jebel Ali port, the largest and busiest harbour in the Middle East. “Social media users reported that residents of Dubai – the country’s largest city – heard explosions in the direction of Jebel Ali port. No casualties or damage from the attack had been confirmed at that stage,” the Israel Hayom newspaper reported. “The strike was similar in timing and scale to an Iranian attack carried out on Monday, which caused extensive damage to an energy facility near the city of Fujairah. Three foreign workers were wounded in that strike, and a large fire broke out at the site.”

The strikes came hours after the U.S. Navy repelled Iranian attempts to disrupt the operation “Project Freedom,” ordered by President Trump to restore freedom of navigation for commercial shipping in the Strait of Hormuz. On Monday, U.S. destroyers secured the waterway and allowed at least two American-flagged cargo ships to sail through the waterway.

The latest round of Iranian strikes violates the ceasefire declared by President Donald Trump 27 days ago.

Talking to reporters earlier in the day, Secretary of War Pete Hegseth said that “ceasefire is not over.”

“We said we would ‌defend and ⁠defend aggressively, and we absolutely have,” he assured. “Iran knows that, and ultimately, the president can make a decision whether anything were to escalate into a violation of a ceasefire.”

The strikes come “after Iran launched strikes against the close US ally yesterday as well, bringing into question the stability of the ceasefire,” Sky News (UK) noted. “Despite this, and US action in the Strait of Hormuz, defence secretary Pete Hegseth said earlier that Washington did not view the truce as being over.”

President Trump told reporters in the Oval Office that the U.S. has effectively dismantled the Iranian navy. “Now they’re reduced to little boats with a machine gun on the front of them because they had a navy of 159 ships!” he said Tuesday evening. “Iran’s Navy is done.”

 

DONATE

Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.

Comments


 
 0 
 
 3
gonzotx | May 5, 2026 at 1:09 pm

Well they appear to still have enough little boats and missiles to kill and destroy


 
 0 
 
 2
gonzotx | May 5, 2026 at 1:10 pm

We need a hell of a lot more drones with Armament ability


 
 0 
 
 5
healthguyfsu | May 5, 2026 at 1:13 pm

I wish we would stop belittling them and use their own threats against them. Let’s end this the smart and effective way…with destruction justified by every slight. Iran “leadership” can’t help itself and will dig it’s own grave this way.

Make them beg and plead for negotiations if they want to not be obliterated.


     
     0 
     
     6
    DaveGinOly in reply to healthguyfsu. | May 5, 2026 at 2:46 pm

    There appears to be a growing rift between the civil government and the IRGC (which the civil government is claiming is responsible for the attacks on the UAE). Additionally, Trump’s tweet (yesterday, early today?) about how the regular Iranian army has gone largely unscathed seems to be a hint – “Take charge of your country and make peace under our conditions or you will be targeted as well.”


 
 0 
 
 6
MarkS | May 5, 2026 at 1:19 pm

When is Trump gonna get serious about Iran? Who stops a war to let the enemy go on R&R?


 
 0 
 
 0
gonzotx | May 5, 2026 at 2:03 pm

Maybe we really don’t have the amount of missiles we need or bombs


 
 0 
 
 1
gonzotx | May 5, 2026 at 2:03 pm

Send in Israel, they seem to be able to get out the rats


 
 0 
 
 0
destroycommunism | May 5, 2026 at 3:08 pm

again

unless you are willing to nuke the place ala japan 1945

and even then the destroyers of freedom /western civilization have so much help from eurotrash and usa dems etc that their armies will continue the street wars


 
 0 
 
 1
Hodge | May 5, 2026 at 3:17 pm

Here is my spin-

I (want to) believe that we have learned a lesson from Iraq. There we defeated them militarily in the time it takes to spit twice. I don’t think it would much longer to similarly crush Iran in a mechanical sense.

The problem in Iraq afterwards was there was no functioning government, no functioning economy and no employment for the soldiers of a defeated army. We occupied but we did not have full control.

I speculate that the object here in Iran is to do things differently leaving a government in functional control, and especially to leaving a functioning economic infrastructure. Our concern is to stop nuclear weapon development, stop funding proxy armies, and remove any control of the straits. We would like to stop shipping oil to China, but I’d bet there is room to negotiate there. If the government wants to have an army to suppress internal opposition, fine. We do not want to leave a “wild-west-middle-east”, and we do not want to occupy.

The problem we have currently is that no faction has sufficient control of the country. We want to wait on the borders until one faction drains enough blood from the others. Then we will have someone to negotiate with. Bombing the shit out of them in the meantime really does not speed that process.

These are just my thoughts; I’m willing to consider others.


 
 0 
 
 3
Paula | May 5, 2026 at 3:19 pm

Iran targets UAE oil infrastructure

People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones and countries who have lots of oil infrastructure shouldn’t attack other nations’ oil infrastructure—unless they want the other nations to do unto them what they did to others.


 
 0 
 
 0
greyfur | May 6, 2026 at 10:00 am

If these people still have this much capability, then clearly they are still very much a threat. Trump Ned’s to send them back to pre-history while he has he chance, screw further negotiations, just get it done, they are never ever going to stop. If he does not, everything that has been done up to now will be for nothing. These people clearly have the ability to recover quickly, and are probably getting weapons from either China or Russia or maybe both. This needs to stop dead in it’s tracks and now.

Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.