Loudoun County Teacher Resigns: ‘I Quit Being a Cog in a Machine’ That Pushes ‘Highly Politicized Agendas’
“Clearly, you’ve made your point. You no longer value me or many other teachers you’ve employed in this county.”
In Virginia, Loudoun County Public School teacher Laura Morris resigned her post at a school board meeting about a transgender policy and Critical Race Theory.
The district wants teachers and staff to acknowledge students by their preferred pronoun and allow transgender students to use the bathroom of their choice.
Morris said in one of her “so-called equity” training the person in charge told the group “that White, Christian, able-bodied females currently have the power in our schools and ‘this has to change.'”
Morris explained these ideologies they push on the children “do not square with who I am as a believer in Christ.”
From Fox News:
“Clearly, you’ve made your point. You no longer value me or many other teachers you’ve employed in this county. So since my contract outlines the power that you have over my employment in Loudoun County Public Schools, I thought it necessary to resign in front of you.”
“School board, I quit,” she said. Choking up, she added: “I quit your policies, I quit your training, and I quit being a cog in a machine that tells me to push highly politicized agendas to our most vulnerable constituents – children.”
Morris, a fifth-grade teacher, also alleged that the county told her not to express dissenting views.
Lots of impassioned arguments tonight from both sides.
One of the most striking moments was this…
— Jess Arnold (@JessArnoldTV) August 11, 2021
Loudoun County has become Ground Zero in the culture fight in schools.
- Critical Race Theory: Loudoun County School Board Meeting Erupts
- Virginia Teacher Sues Over Suspension For Publicly Opposing Proposed “Preferred Pronoun” Policy
- Judge Orders Reinstatement of Virginia Teacher Tanner Cross, Who Objected to Proposed “Preferred Pronoun” Policy
- Virginia Teacher Says ‘Marxist’ Critical Race Training is Damaging the Community
- Teachers in VA Allegedly Compiled List of Parents Who Objected to Critical Race Training
- Teacher Slams VA School District Over Critical Race Training: “You Do Not Speak for Us”
- GoFundMe Takes Down Page of Virginia Parents Fighting Critical Race Theory Curriculum
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.