Harris and Her Spokeswoman Stumble on CNN, NBC Over Questions Regarding School Reopenings
What is in the water at NBC and CNN? I like it!
Are school reopenings the topic that will unite America? Today’s Savannah Guthrie and CNN’s John Berman gave me some hope.
Neither one could get a straight answer from Vice President Kamala Harris and her spokeswoman Symone Sanders regarding school reopenings, especially when it came to teacher vaccinations.
President Joe Biden has consistently said he wants schools to reopen, but the CDC and Dr. Anthony Fauci seem to move the goalposts when a union or lobby group issues new demands.
Parents have had enough. We have seen evidence proving the adverse effects of virtual learning. We have seen the left and right begging officials and school districts to reopen the schools.
I always thought NBC and CNN would give softball interviews. The networks would let anyone in the Biden administration give excuses or spin anything in their favor.
That did not happen today.
VP Harris on Today
Big props to Today’s Savannah Guthrie. You can see Harris get uncomfortable when she realized Guthrie was not going to quit.
The CDC a few days ago finally put out some long-awaited guidance on how schools could safety reopen. But here’s the thing. They tie it directly to the rate of infection in any given community. And I’m going to put a map up. Because if schools were to follow that right now, 90% of the counties, 90% of the schools, would not be able to open under the CDC’s own metric. Was it a mistake for the CDC to connect school reopening to how much infection there is in a community?
Harries replied that schools have opened every week with more schools opening. She then brought up vaccinations, people wearing masks, and social distancing.
Harris stressed that everyone wants to get kids back to school.
But as you can tell, Harris ignored Guthrie’s question. Guthrie, to Harris’s shock, did not let up:
But what about that CDC guidance then? That’s the question because the CDC is saying, essentially, their best guidance is, don’t open if you’re in a red zone. 90% of students are in a red zone. The science is very clear. The CDC’s own science says schools are not a source of community risk.
Harris, completely flustered, admits that these are just recommendations from the CDC. In other words, schools are not bound to follow the guidelines from the school.
Guthrie did not slow down, though, because she brought up Biden’s administration changing its mind about schools:
There has been a shifting timeline here. Back on December 8th, the President, then President-elect, tweeted, “We want to reopen the majority of schools in the first 100 days.” He later said that day, “We want to have most schools open.” Now he said as recently as last night, he’s talking about the majority of K-8 schools. Last week, we heard a White House official saying “open” means it could mean just one day a week open. The President said, no, that was a miscommunication. But I mean, I guess, look, again, parents watching, what is the bottom line? What does it mean for schools to be reopened and how soon can they be reopened?
Harris spun her answer, but Guthrie continued. She got Harris to admit that keeping schools closed caused massive mental health issues with students.
Guthrie brought up vaccinations, which teachers and unions have insisted on getting before going back to work even though the CDC has said it is not a prerequisite!
Guthrie asked Harris three times to tell teachers they can return to school safely.
All Harris said was, “Teachers should be a priority.”
Harris also talked about her favorite teacher, the American Rescue Plan, etc. Basically everything except for anything connected to Guthrie’s question.
Full exchange over schools https://t.co/5ObnVZoZ7S
— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) February 17, 2021
CNN’s Dr. Sanjay Gupta Shuts Down Harris
CNN’s Poppy Harlow played the Today segment of Harris dodging the teacher vaccine question.
Harlow described it as a great interview, but not because of Harris. Harlow made it known that Harris never answered Guthrie’s question.
Dr. Sanjay Gupta provided the answer Harris should have given to Guthrie:
HARLOW: “So let’s bring in our chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta. Sanjay, good morning. Glad you’re here.”
GUPTA: “Good morning.”
HARLOW: “We’ve got a lot to get to but the answer the vice president gave to Savannah Guthrie in that great interview wasn’t actually an answer to Savannah’s question. Savannah’s question was is it safe to send them back if they’re not vaccinated? What does the science tell us about that? Because I think I were a teacher watching this right now, I would be very confused.”
GUPTA: “Yeah, no — no doubt. I mean — and this has become a point of provocation. What does the science show? The science shows that it is possible to open schools safely without teachers having necessarily been vaccinated. And I realize that there are a lot of people who are confused by that and maybe even a little frightened by that. But that is what the science is showing.”
VIDEO – CNN Calls out VP Harris: The Science Shows It Is Possible to Open Schools Safely Without Teachers Being Vaccinated https://t.co/8BM2O2XmmN
— Grabien (@GrabienMedia) February 17, 2021
Harris’s Spokeswoman Symone Sanders
What is in the water at NBC and CNN?
CNN’s John Berman wanted direct answers on teacher vaccines from Harris’s spokeswoman Symone Sanders:
“The president and the administration’s position is that by the end of the first 100 days … the president and vice president do believe that the majority of K through 8 schools will be able to be reopened and operating safely … by the end of late summer … September, it is his hope that schools would be operating and open safely all over this country. And the way that we get there is by passing the American Rescue Plan,” Sanders said, not answering Berman’s question on teachers.
“It’s not a trick question, and I feel like you guys have treated it like a trick question. I think people just want to know what the White House position is on whether or not teachers have to be vaccinated for kids to return safely to school,” Berman responded. “The CDC director Rochelle Walensky says the science is that teachers don’t necessarily have to be vaccinated for kids to return. And I think people want to know what the White House position is on that.”
“The White House position is that, and the president and vice president believe, that teachers should be prioritized for receiving the vaccination, along with other frontline workers. And in at least 22 states and the District of Columbia, that’s exactly what’s happening,” Sanders answered.
Berman told Sanders that requiring teachers to have the vaccine is a “yes/no question.”
Sanders tried to dodge it by claiming she thought Berman asked her if it was safe for kids to go back to the classroom (emphasis mine):
“Actually not,” Berman interrupted, “In this case that’s not the question. The question is, is it safe for teachers to go back to school. That’s a very specific question in this case. And again, I’m not sure — I don’t understand why it’s a hard question to answer.”
“Well, John, I think the president has been clear, the vice president has been clear, and I think I was really clear just now. It is the administration’s position, the president and vice president believe, that teachers should be prioritized for vaccinations,” Sanders said, continuing to dodge. “And in 22 states, at least, and the District of Columbia, that’s exactly what is happening. You know, look —”
Berman interrupted again saying, “I’ll try one last time. Does the president feel that teachers have to be vaccinated in order for schools to open safely? Yes or no?”
Sanders responded, still refusing to answer the question, saying that Biden believes that “teachers should be prioritized for vaccination” and that they want to get students in the classroom safely and operate “according to the science.”
“Not going to get a yes or no on that,” Berman concluded.
CNN's @JohnBerman presses VP Harris Chief Spokesperson Symone Sanders on teacher vaccinations:
“It’s not a trick question. I feel like you guys have treated it like a trick question … Is it safe for teachers to go back to school?”
— The Recount (@therecount) February 17, 2021
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.
This is an anomaly. CNN et al will get right back on the bandwagon when told to.
BTW, who flippin cares what Biden or Harris think about teachers getting vaccinated. Since when is what the president says have anything to do with what goes on in local school districts?
I think the real answer is that the students need to start paying union dues.
This. Why in the world would any school district care? We have to comply with very specific requirements to receive federal money (mostly lunch/SPED).
All of our mischief has come from the governor/state DoE.
Has anybody else noticed Harris’ ‘hillary clinton-I-don’t-WTF-to-say-so-I’ll-cackle-like-a-moron sounds like the laugh of Elmer Fudd?
Because a lot of people pay attention to what the President does and says
Guthrie is nothing more than a Dimocratic Party hack who claims to be a journalist. In that respect she is no different than most journalists. And like most journalists she is either married to a Dim Party operative or has a family member who is a Dim Party operation. She is not an impartial journalist, or a journalist at all. She is a propagandist who will cover for any Dim that she has to, like in this case with not-so-bright Harris. Hard not to forget her hostile interview of Trump during the election cycle compared to this love fest.
They all are, but for a handful.
I think Harris’ days are numbered, and Pelosi is waiting in the wings.
What the hell does the Vice President of the United States have to with Miss Thomas’s 6th grade class in Chadron, Nebraska?
It’s the only group of people she can sound intelligent in front of.
This is not them ‘pressing’ them for answers or ‘demanding’ answers or anything of the kind.
This is the shills in the media literally begging them to give them soundbytes that they can run with to cover for them.
This is them all but screaming in their faces, ‘GIVE ME AN ANSWER I CAN SPIN IN YOUR FAVOR FOR GODS SAKE’.
“Last week, we heard a White House official saying “open” means it could mean just one day a week open. The President said, no, that was a miscommunication.”
Wait until America finds out that “a $1400 check” (previously known as a $2000 check) actually means a check for $14/month for 100 months.
Our schools are open 5 days a week for a full day’s education.
So what’s the matter with Kansas again?
Ooh I so wish I could link this article on another site. Sadly cancel culture came for it.
harris is a complete fool and liar. Even her leftist media will not let her off the hook, it’s a miracle!!
She’s so dumb I bet she couldn’t even beat Joe playing a video game of Mario cart.
Has anybody thought about the real possibility that Pelosi might be trying to set herself up as president? When Biden dies – or can no longer hide his mental deterioration (it began manifesting 40 years ago) – all that needs to happen is Harris is bumped aside, like Cuomo is being bumped aside.
The Cuomo case is very curious: the democrats are turning on him for no apparent reason. (Mass murder by one of them is not a reason for democrats to concern themselves.)
Like Kremlin-watchers of yore, look to the the moves of the democrat/Soviets for patterns.
Harris is being held up by toothpicks. She’s that much of a zero. Her sluttiness in trading sex for promotions aside, she is really built on nothing: no accomplishments, but worse: no base. NONE. She just drifted through job to job (in exchange for sexual services) and made no solid friends or alliances.
Considering Pelosi’s recent ‘impeachments for nothing’, one can imagine some old Harris dirt (there’s so much of it) surfacing after biden dies – or lays dying.
It’s a very plausible possibility. Given the amount of graft in the latest House spending bill (it’s almost ALL bribes and money-laundering schemes), Pelosi just might be enough of a corruptible traitor for the swamp traitors to consider her being president a very good deal – even better than hillary clinton.
Submitting to fraudulent elections has consequences. The democrat Congress (with the help from the trash of the GOP) is looting the nation, laundering money and providing cash for bribes. TOTAL CORRUPTION:
The breakdown of the $2.2 trillion-dollar congressional bill! Hard to believe but look it up on the Congressional website for HR 748 from 116th Congress. Here’s the direct link: https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/748
American population: 330,483,530
Stimulus bill: $2,000,000,000,000 ($2 Trillion)
Dividing the cost by every American is $6,051.74 The government could have given every person over $6,000, but instead will give $1,200 to each adult under a certain income. Want to know where the missing 96% of your tax dollars went? Here you go. . .
1. $300,000,000 for Migrant and Refugee Assistance pg.. 147. IN OTHER WORDS: SEEDING DEPENDENT PEOPLE AROUND THE NATION, WHO WILL ALWAYS VOTE THEMSELVES MONEY.
2. $10,000 per person for student loan bailout. SO THEY LIED, AFTER ALL. WILL THE YOUNG USEFUL IDIOTS WHO SO BLINDLY SUPPORT THE LEFT REALIZE THEY ARE BEING USED – BECAUSE THEY ARE IDIOTS?
3. $100,000,000 to NASA, because, who knows why. FOLLOW THE MONEY: IT’LL LEAD RIGHT BACK TO DEMOCRAT COFFERS.
4. $20,000,000,000 to the USPS: FOR WHAT? FOLLOW THIS MONEY, AND YOU’LL SEE IT WINDS UP IN DEMOCRAT COFFERS, LAUNDERED VIA UNION DUES.
5. $300,000,000 to the Endowment for the Arts – because Pelosi is laundering money to her donors
6. $300,000,000 for the Endowment for the Humanities – because Pelosi is laundering money to her donors
7. $15,000,000 for Veterans Employment Training / for when the GI Bill isn’t enough.
8. $435,000,000 for mental health support. How? Follow this money, and you’ll see it winds up back in democrat coffers, laundered via unions.
9. $30,000,000,000 for the Department of Education stabilization fund/ because that will keep people employed (all those zeros can be confusing, that’s $30 BILLION) – this more money laundering by Pelosi to her donors
10. $200,000,000 to Safe Schools Emergency Response to Violence Program. TWO HUNDRED MILLION?? FOR WHAT? ANOTHER BRIBE TO TEACHER UNIONS. MUCH OF THE MONEY WILL WIND UP BACK IN DEMOCRAT COFFERS, VIA UNION DUES.
11. $300,000,000 to Public Broadcasting / NPR is corrupt, and bought by the Democrats. Remember: Boehner and the GOP had an opporunity to kill funding to this propaganda arm of the left. They didn’t.
12. $500,000,000 to Museums and Libraries / Who the hell knows how we are going to use it. More money laundering by Pelosi to her donors.
13. $720,000,000 to Social Security Admin / but get this only 200,000,000 is to help people. The rest is for admin costs. ADMIN COSTS! LIKE A CLINTON CHARITY, WHERE ALL THE MONEY GOES BACK TO THE CLINTONS.
14. $25,000,000 for Cleaning supplies for the Capitol Building / I kid you not it’s on page 136. TWENTY FIVE MILLION DOLLARS FOR CLEANING SUPPLIES?? More money laundering by Pelosi.
15. $7,500,000 to the Smithsonian for additional salaries. More money laundering by Pelosi to her donors.
16. $35,000,000 to the JFK Center for Performing Arts. More money laundering by Pelosi to her donors.
17. $25,000,000 for additional salary for House of Representatives. FOR WHAT??
18. $3,000,000,000 upgrade to the IT department at the VA. THREE BILLION?? ARE THEY GOING TO HIRE THE SAME GOONS WASSERMAN SCHULTZ DID? MORE MONEY LAUNDERING.
19. $315,000,000 for State Department Diplomatic Programs. FOR WHAT?
20. $95,000,000 for the Agency of International Development. MORE MONEY LAUNDERING.
21. $300,000,000 for International Disaster Assistance. TO WHO? IRAN? COMMUNIST CHINA?
22. $90,000,000 for the Peace Corp pg. 148 MORE MONEY LAUNDERING.
23. $13,000,000 to Howard University pg. 121. BRIBERY AND RACIST.
24. $9,000,000 Misc. Senate Expenses pg. 134. MORE BRIBERY MONEY.
25. $100,000,000 to Essential Air carriers pg. 162. This of note because the Airlines are going to need billions in loans to keep them afloat ($100,000,000 is chump change.) FOLLOW THE MONEY: IT’LL WIND UP BACK IN THE DEMOCRAT COFFERS.
26. $40,000,000,000 goes to the Take Responsibility to Workers and Families Act This sounds like it’s direct payments for workers pg. 164. FORTY BILLION FOR WHAT?
27. $1,000,000,000 Airlines Recycle and Save Program pg. 163 AH, THE OLD ‘RECYCLE AND SAVE’ PROGRAM. MORE MONEY LAUNDERING.
28. $25,000,000 to the FAA for administrative costs pg. 165. WHAT WAS THE COST LAST YEAR?
29. $492,000,000 to National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak) pg. 167 WHAT WAS THE COST LAST YEAR?
30. $526,000,000 Grants to Amtrak to remain available if needed through 2021 pg. 168. Hidden on page 174 the Secretary has 7 days to allocate the funds & notify Congress. WHO IS GOING TO KEEP AN EYE ON THE ‘NOTIFIER’? MORE MONEY LAUNDERING.
31. $25,000,000,000 for Transit Infrastructure pg. 169. FOR WHAT?
32. $3,000,000 Maritime Administration pg. 172. PETTY CASH BRIBERY FUND.
33. $5,000,000 Salaries and Expensive Office of the Inspector General pg. 172. THE OLD ‘INSPECTOR GENERAL’ RUSE – AGAIN.
34. $2,500,000 Public and Indian Housing pg. 175. FOR WHAT?
35. $5,000,000 Community Planning and Development pg. 175 ANOTHER PETTY CASH BRIBERY FUND.
. $2,500,000 Office of Housing
ANOTHER PETTY CASH BRIBERY FUND.
What we need are a couple of class action lawsuits – parents and other taxpayers suing the school district. If schools are not going to be open, should not the schools refund the tax moneys paid to the school district? The schools still have state and Federal funds, so their is no need to fraudulently keep local tax money if schools are closed.
It’s a good start, but it’ll take years, and wind up at the cold feet of that ass, John Roberts.
Better to take power.
Maybe the ground swell is getting unbearable, kids out of schools a year is not going to work.
But Chairman Xiden and his co-President are owned and really have no say in it.
Answer: Who are the teachers unions?
We have arrived at the part where the left is setting the stage to remove Biden. The problem is that Harris, even though she seems to be running things (she is the one making the phone calls to foreign leaders), is proving to be a bigger problem. Whoever it is, Congress will have to approve… or make the selection themselves. But Congress is in chaos too. What a mess.
You have to wonder what else is going on that the media is throwing their token female black VP under the bus over her & China Joe’s stumbling responses to their questions.
The governor’s of the states simply need to inform the students that they will be going back to school. Then inform the teachers that they will be expected to be in their classrooms to teach the students. And then fire all the teachers that refuse to show up and do their jobs and to hell with the unions.
Enough is enough. This nonsense has got to end. End now! The children need to be in school.
Stumbling, bumbling, jumbling, mumbling and fumbling words, followed by the rumbling of the southern invasion tumbling of our economy and Biden’s humbling attitude to China.