More and more people have flocked to Newsmax TV and One America News.
Axios reported that President Donald Trump wants to form a digital media empire to take on Fox News.
The president has expressed frustration with Fox News since the election when the station called Arizona early for Joe Biden.
Here’s Trump’s plan, according to the source:
- There’s been lots of speculation about Trump starting a cable channel. But getting carried on cable systems would be expensive and time-consuming.
- Instead, Trump is considering a digital media channel that would stream online, which would be cheaper and quicker to start.
- Trump’s digital offering would likely charge a monthly fee to MAGA fans. Many are Fox News viewers, and he’d aim to replace the network — and the $5.99-a-month Fox Nation streaming service, which has an 85% conversion rate from free trials to paid subscribers — as their top destination.
Trump’s database of email and cellphone contacts would be a huge head start.
- Trump’s lists are among the most valuable in politics — especially his extensive database of cellphone numbers for text messages.
Axios is told Trump may use vote-count rallies to undercut Fox.
- “He’s going to spend a lot of time slamming Fox,” the source said.
Newsmax TV’s viewership has skyrocketed since the election with many people choosing the station over Fox. The company also saw a spike in downloads for its app and a lot more visits to its website:
Fox News viewers appear to be deserting the network in droves as they tune into Newsmax TV.
Nielsen data confirms the trend in the post-election period last week.
During Wednesday through Friday last week, Newsmax TV led Fox Business and CNBC in all key day parts.
Newsmax is also seeing a terrific surge across its media properties, starting with its cable and satellite news channel. OTT viewership of the channel is also up on devices like Roku, YouTube, and Xumo.
The company also saw over a half million downloads to the free Newsmax TV APP, and earlier Tuesday hit the top 3 position in rankings for downloads on iPhone.
And traffic to Newsmax.com, the company’s flagship website, also is surging.
Trump retweeted people who confirmed they watch NewsMax and One American News.
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.