If the Chinese government had not lied and covered up in the first place, New York would not have needed them.
Today’s update will focus on China’s recent actions, in terms of helping mitigate the COVID-19 pandemic it created in Wuhan.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced that China is facilitating the shipment of 1,000 ventilators to his state.
The number of people infected in the U.S. has exceeded a quarter-million, with the death toll climbing past 7,000; more than 3,500 of those deaths are in New York state. Cuomo said the ventilators from China were expected to arrive Saturday.
“This is a big deal and it’s going to make a significant difference for us,” Cuomo said, adding that the state of Oregon volunteered to send 140 ventilators to New York. Cuomo has also is also looking for ventilators closer to home, and has issued an order that forces even private hospitals in the state to redistribute ventilators to the hospitals most in need.
Cuomo may want to hold off on the official thanks, until he determines if the ventilators actually work.
A number of European governments have rejected Chinese-made equipment designed to combat the coronavirus outbreak.
Thousands of testing kits and medical masks are below standard or defective, according to authorities in Spain, Turkey and the Netherlands.
…[T]he Dutch health ministry announced it had recalled 600,000 face masks. The equipment had arrived from a Chinese manufacturer on 21 March, and had already been distributed to front-line medical teams.
Dutch officials said that the masks did not fit and that their filters did not work as intended, even though they had a quality certificate…
This fact has not gone unnoticed by the American people, especially those who are keeping up with current events via online news and social media.
Make sure they work!
— Joey Saladino (@JoeySalads) April 4, 2020
And are sanitized!!!
— Brenisawake (@bjnisawake) April 4, 2020
Such skepticism is warranted, especially if you take a look at the history of China’s actions in the wake of the initial outbreak.
Granted, it is unlikely the Chinese leadership realized the full extent of the problem until President Xi Jinping had to be informed by early January. Lower level bureaucrats reportedly did their very best to hide the problem.
By then, the outbreak that had been raging in Wuhan was too big to hide any longer.
The subsequent decisions they made seem to underscore a significant disinterest in helping other nations mitigate this disaster:
- The real numbers of the infected, ill, and the deceased are not being shared. This prevents the US and other nations to do an adequate risk assessment.
- Politico used a Chinese study to smear President Trump’s assertion that chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine were not effective. The opposite is true. If many of us in the alternative media had not pushed back on the nonsense, we would have lost a valuable tool in this fight.
- Three weeks ago, China threatened to withhold medicines from the United States.
- China diverted medical supplies from Switzerland, despite shortages of these items in Europe. With assistance from Chinese Communist Party, a group called the China-Switzerland Connection commandeered personal protective equipment from Swiss suppliers.
- In January, China pushed the notion that the virus was not transmittable to humans. Then, per 60 Minutes Australia, 5 million people to leave Wuhan, the epicentre of the virus, without being screened.
I would like to remind New York’s Governor that the Trojans thought they were getting a great gift, too.DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.