Who knew what when?
House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-CA) has sent ten questions to former and current government officials about the dossier published by Fusion GPS against then-presidential candidate Donald Trump, funded by failed Democrat presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s campaign and the DNC. Former British spy Christopher Steele authored the dossier.
The ten questions include when they became aware of the information in the dossier and how they handled it.
Byron York at The Washington Examiner listed the questions:
1. When and how did you first become aware of any of the information contained in the Steele dossier?
2. In what form(s) was the information in the Steele dossier presented to you? By whom? (Please describe each instance)
3. Who did you share this information with? When? In what form? (Please describe each instance)
4. What officials actions did you take as a result of receiving the information contained in the Steele dossier?
5. Did you convene any meetings with the intelligence community and/or law enforcement communities as a result of the information contained in the Steele dossier?
6. When did you first learn or come to believe that the Steele dossier was funded by a Democrat-aligned entity?
7. When did you first learn or come to believe that the Steele dossier was funded by the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and/or Hillary for America (Clinton campaign)?
8. When did you first become aware that the Steele dossier was used to obtain a FISA order on Carter Page?
9. Was President Obama briefed on any information contained in the dossier prior to January 5, 2017?
10. Did you discuss the information contained in the Steele dossier with any reporters or other representatives of the media? If so, who and when?
Nunes wants his answers by March 2 and if that doesn’t happen, then “the Committee will initiate compulsory process.”
At first we thought only a few people at the FBI knew about the dossier, but eventually learned officials at the DOJ and State Department also knew about it.
The FBI terminated its association with Steele after spoke to the media about their relationship. However, he maintained relationships within the DOJ, including a friendship with then-Associate Deputy Attorney general Bruce Ohr, who received demotions because of his wife working with Fusion GPS.
Former FBI director James Comey held a meeting with Obama on January 5, a few weeks before Trump’s inauguration. Vice President Joe Biden and Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates. The Daily Caller reported that Comey briefed Obama on the dossier at that meeting. BuzzFeed published the dossier four days after that meeting.
Nunes released his memo earlier this month that alleges the FBI used information from the dossier to receive FISA warrants to spy on members of Trump’s team despite the fact that Comey described the dossier as “salacious” and “unverified” to the Senate. Yet, Comey also said the department “included the dossier allegations about Carter Page in the FISA applications because Mr. Steele himself was considered reliable due to his past work with the Bureau.”
The information in the dossier has largely remained unverified to this date.DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.