Despite Europe-wide manhunt, Berlin attacker travels through 5 countries in 5 days
Islamic terrorists are using Europe’s open borders as a tactical tool in their Jihad against the West. Anis Amri, ISIS terrorist responsible for the last week’s Berlin Christmas market attack was able to crisscross Europe, covering 5 countries in 5 days, despite Europe-wide manhunt — German news agency dpa reports.
On December 19, Amri drove a lorry into a crowded Christmas market in Berlin, killing 12 people and injuring 50 others. Arab-Tunisian ‘refugee’ was shot dead by Italian police during a routine check in Milan last Friday. Last November, a ISIS terrorists involved in Paris attacks had managed to slip into Belgium. Europe’s most wanted terrorist was later arrested in Brussels after four months in hiding.
German intelligence agency recently confirmed that a bombmaker belonging to Paris-based ISIS terror-cell has been “smuggled out of Europe by accomplices and is now back in Syria.”
The fact that Europe’s most-wanted man was able to evade capture for three days, crossing several borders to get from Germany to Italy, has raised questions about security. (…) Germany issued a European arrest warrant for Amri on 21 December. Pictures of the suspect, along with his various aliases, were widely publicised. France – which boosted security following attacks in 2015 – further reinforced checks at key transport hubs.
Opposition politicians including centre-right presidential candidate Francois Fillon and Marine Le Pen, leader of the far-right Eurosceptic National Front, were quick to criticise what they said was the failure of the authorities to stop Amri from entering the country.
For five days, Berlin attacker managed to travel through several European countries on a budget coach, British newspaper Telegraph reported.
Since the migrant influx began in the fall of 2015, various European security and intelligence agencies have warned about the dangers of open borders pushed by German Chancellor and European Union. Last month, German intelligence officials revealed that “hundreds of ISIS fighters have made it into Europe disguised as refugees.”
In March 2016, Gen. Philip Breedlove, top commander of U.S. and alliance forces in Europe, had also warned that Islamic State was using refugee influx to move terrorists into Europe:
Refugees from the Middle East and north Africa are “masking the movement” of terrorists and criminals, Nato’s top commander told Congress on Tuesday, despite the protests of human rights groups who say that refugees overwhelmingly have no ulterior motive but escape.
In testimony to the Senate armed services committee, US general Philip Breedlove said that the Islamic State terror group is “spreading like a cancer” among refugees. The group’s members are “taking advantage of paths of least resistance, threatening European nations and our own”, he added. [Guardian, March 1, 2016]
Despite the growing threat of terrorism posed by Islamists, Merkel government has decided to stay the course on its ‘Refugee Welcome’ policy, refusing to put a cap to the number of migrant intake and unwilling to secure the E.U.’s outer borders — outside the visa-free Schengen Zone.
Earlier this month, Merkel had a word of advice for Germans scared of migrant-driven terrorism to “just approach the refugees” as this would “broaden their horizons.” Nothing could be more ironic given the fact that Merkel government is busy turning city of Cologne into a police fortress to prevent refugees from “approaching” German women ahead of New Year’s Eve.
With German elections set for September 2017, Merkel might paddle back and wiggle around to win back her conservative party base, but she and the ruling German political class has shown no signs of realising the dangers of letting in millions of migrant men of fighting age from Arab and Muslim countries.
VIDEO: Berlin terror attack: Who are the victims?
[Cover image courtesy Der Standard, YouTube]DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.