Results just announced. 51.73% to 48.27.
Now we’ll find out if they still plan on marching on Jerusalem.
Remember, when the protests against Mubarak broke out in January 2011, the Muslim Brotherhood said it would not run a presidential candidate in order to dupe Western useful idiots like The NY Times and the Obama administration into believing the revolution was heading someplace other than Islamist control.
We saw this coming back then, but the mainstream media fell in love again, and covered up what really was going on.
The story is not over, but it is written.
Prior related posts:
- Egyptian Imam The NY Times called “moderate” holds “kill all the Jews” mass rally
- Well What Do You Know, Muslim Brotherhood Leader Running For President of Egypt
- The Yuppie Revolution In Egypt Is Over, The Islamist Revolution Has Begun
- NY Times Whitewashes Return of Anti-Semitic Egyptian Cleric
- Muslim Brotherhood’s Five-Year Plan
- And hopefully it will not come to this, but it may:
- Egyptian Upheaval Shows Why Territory Still Matters for Israel
- Dust off the maps of Sinai
- and my first post about the Egyptian revolution, An Israeli Return to Sinai?
Update: Alert — there is a video uploaded to YouTube which has been embedded at many blogs which purports to be President-elect Mohamed Morsi leading a large crowd chanting about marching on Jerusalem. While I can’t be postive, that looks like Cleric Yusuf al-Qaradawi (referred to in some of my posts linked above) not Morsi. Memri says it’s cleric Safwat Higazi at a Morsi campaign rally. This doesn’t change the nature of the Muslim Brotherhood, but it’s important to be accurate.DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.