Yeah, They Lied (x 10)
Thursday, August 5, 2010 at 03:04pm 7 Comments
Mary Katherine Ham and Guy Benson have a guest post at HotAir setting forth 10 key false promises by Barack Obama, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and other Democrats about Obamacare, ObamaCare: The sum of all fears. The post is long, but worth the read.
Here are the 10 false promises:
- Promise #1: If you are satisfied with your existing health care arrangement, you can keep it.
- Promise #2: Reform will lower America’s health care spending.
- Promise #3: Reform will lower Americans’ health care premiums.
- Promise #4: Obamacare will not lead to a doctor shortage, or escalate the primary-care physician shortfall.
- Promise #5: There will be no government rationing of medical care.
- Promise #6: “The firm pledge” – Ninety-five percent of Americans will not see any form of tax increase because of Obamacare (or anything else).
- Promise #7: Health care reform won’t add “a single dime” to the deficit—and will actually cut it.
- Promise #8: Health care reform will help businesses—employers and employees, alike.
- Promise #9: Obamacare will not allow for funding of abortions with taxpayer money.
- Promise #10: Obamacare will not only satisfy each of the promises above, but satisfy all of them at the same time with virtually no downsides.
In case you have any doubts about the need to vote in November, and to get your friends and neighbors to to the same, carry this list around as a reminder.
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.
Promise #10 is nearly identical to the promises made by every 'homeopathic' remedy I hear advertised on the radio. Nothing-but-good with NO negative side-effects.
I'll therefore judge Obamacare to be just as effective.
I think this should be promoted as the new "Contract with America". Only this time, it is the Democrats who made the contract, and they broke it.
When you lie so comprehensively it's not ten separate lies, it's all just one BIG lie. We should instead be asking "Did Obama say anything that was true about this bill?"
This is a useless silly list that those of us who PAID ATTENTION knew all along would happen. Look at the list of horrors we've seen just TODAY. Today was like the evacuation at Dunkirk for Conservatives.
We're losing the battle, folks, and losing bad. Never mind the broken promises, time to hit Obama on the craptastic economy, horrendous foreign policy, and eff-you vacations and parties while the rest of us are broke, unemployed, or on the battlefield.
Those were promises to a campaign, not to the American people.
What's the diff jack?
During the health care summit, McCain reminded Obama of promises made during the campaign. The O responded "the election's over." When the campaign ended on election day, so too did the commitment.