What is it about this August. It seems that every caricature of Democratic incompetence, intolerance, snobbery, tax-and-spendiness, and manipulation is coming true right before our very eyes:
- Matthew Yglesias: If Only We Had Some Means of Taking Rich People’s Money and Devoting it to Public Purposes.
- Greg Sargent: George Soros Pledges $5 Million To Bankroll Health Care Reform Push, Group Says.
- Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer: ‘Un-American’ attacks can’t derail health care debate.
- Rep. Nicki Tsongas (D-Mass): I won’t take ObamaCare because I have better options.
- Congress: More Jets Please.
- Roland Burris: Don’t Count Me Out.
- The Hill: House Dems set up healthcare ‘war room’.
- Robert Reich: How the White House’s Deal With Big Pharma Undermines Democracy
- Dick Durbin: ‘Open’ to Dropping the Public Option
- R. Creigh Leeds: I’ll Attack Opponent’s Abortion Views
- Keith Olbermann: Health Care Protesters Are Like Hamas and Hezbollah
- Bill Maher: Americans Are Stupid
- Ezra Klein: Is This Health-Care Reform’s Worst Idea Yet?
- Obama: Ruling in Plame Case In Favor of Bush Allows Me To Ask For Fishy Emails
Caricatures are supposed to be exaggerations, but I’m beginning to wonder.
(h/t to Memeorandum, of course, for the links)
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.