The bad news?

Saudi Arabia beheads 7 men after appeals rejected:

Seven Saudi men convicted of theft, looting and armed robbery were beheaded on Wednesday, according to the country’s official news agency, more than a week after their families and rights group appealed to the king for clemency….

One of the men told The Associated Press earlier this month that he was only 15 when he was arrested as part of a ring that stole jewelry in 2004 and 2005. Nasser al-Qahtani said he was tortured to confess and had no access to lawyers.

Al-Qahtani said that during the years-long trial, he only faced the judge three times and when the men tried to complain to the judge about the torture or show torture marks on their bodies, they were ignored. He also said the judge never assigned him a lawyer. They were convicted in 2009….

The original sentences called for death by firing squad and crucifixion. However, SPA said on Wednesday that the seven were beheaded. A security official, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media, said three men with swords carried out the executions.

I guess the Saudis have overcome the shortage of swordsmen.