Because of the election, the trial of George Zimmerman for the killing of Trayvon Martin, has been out of our focus. But not for long, as the trial is scheduled for June 10, and there will be pre-trial evidentiary hearings in April.
Here are some recent and not so recent headlines:
- Judge denies gag order in George Zimmerman murder case
- Judge: Zimmerman defense can go after Trayvon records, social media accounts
- Detective in George Zimmerman case turns to Jose Baez for legal help
- George Zimmerman to argue self-defense at hearing slated in April
- Zimmerman gets FBI files on Trayvon, more phone records
- What have I missed?
For those of you new to Legal Insurrection, here are some of the 50+ posts from the archives:
- Perjury charge against Shellie Zimmerman raises more questions of prosecutorial overreaching (Update: Prosecution misleadingly edited transcript)
- Exclusive – Prosecutor Angela Corey letter claiming libel by Florida Times Union
- How do Zimmerman prosecutors prove case when key witnesses now have reasonable doubts?
- Zimmerman head photo bloodies those who politicized the caseSaturday Night Card Game (What is left of the Zimmerman-Martin racial narrative?)
- A hoodie walked into a bank ….