Just wondering how much longer until the explosion takes place. Some links:
- Walter Russell Mead, “when poets buy guns, tourist season is over. They are buying them now in Damascus….”
- JPost, “The Syrian military said 10 personnel, including six pilots, were killed in an attack on an air force base ….”
- DEBKAFile says Syrian pilots killed were elite level, signaling inside info. given to anti-regime insurgents, and expect retaliation form Assad.
- Assad has ignored a deadline today set by the Arab League after which sanctions would be imposed. Turkey said it was Syria’s “last chance.”
- Russia is siding with Syria, for now, and reportedly has sent advanced anti-aircraft systems.
- There was a large explosion at a Hezbollah arms depot in Southern Lebanon. One blogger claims it was a caused when an Israeli military drone which mysteriously went down recently and was picked up by Hezbollah exploded after it was brought to the depot in a “trojan horse” operation, while DEBKAfile says Syrian insurgents angry at Hezbollah support for Assad were behind it.