Legal Insurrection Blog started on October 12, 2008, with what is still my favorite post, Obama is Door No. 2.
In those first days, readership consisted of me, a few relatives, a couple of neighbors, and some friends of relatives. Then a handful of other followers signed on, for reasons I am still trying to figure out (thanks Tenshi51 and Stylemaster, whoever you are; and Fian from AdaptaGal). Since then, we have had over 26,000 visits, 37,000 page views, with an average visit length approaching 2 minutes (which means people are reading, not just clicking through). Of course, these statistics are minuscule compared to many, but not a bad start.
Thanks are owed to the following, in no particular order:
- John from Tennessee, for taking it on yourself to spread the word, without being asked or asking for anything in return.
- American Thinker, which helped me tremendously by publishing several of my articles.
- The websites which have linked to my posts and/or put me on their blogrolls, including (but not limited to), Instapundit, MichelleMalkin, Newsbusters, HotAir, Gateway Pundit, Urgent Agenda, AtlasShrugs2000, The Other McCain, Conservative Grapevine, Right Soup, BarcePundit, Likelihood of Success, Moral Compass, Let’s Get It Right, The Bipartisan Rules, Mainstream Conservative, Front Porch Anarchist, Blogs for Victory, Watcher of Weasels, The Union Label, Hawaii Reporter, Legal Blog Watch, Average Joe American, and many, many more.
- The People and State of Illinois, for delivering the Blago scandal just when I was running out of topics, and the blogs which have cross-posted, re-posted, quoted from and linked to my Blago analysis, including but not limited to, Illinois Review, Backyard Conservative, Illinoize, Marathon Pundit, Bill Baar’s West Side, Open Line Blog, McHenry County Blog, Capitol Fax, The Real Barack Obama, Peoria Pundit, and many of the others listed on The Official Guide to Blagojevich Blogs.
- The anonymous authors of the now defunct John and Sarah 2008 Blog, for inspiring me to stand up to the now-common tactic of falsely accusing conservatives of racism: “Considering that it adds no value to the debate at all, one has to conclude that Jacobson is doing only what other McCain supporters are starting to do, produce these worthless pieces from some narrow perch in order to cover up their own racist bigotry” (post is still available in Google cache).
- Cornell Law School, a great place, for featuring this conservative blog on its website and in its publications.
- My wife and children for dealing with my Blogger Mood Disorder (a condition in which one’s mood swings up and down in sync with the level of blog traffic).
And many other thanks, like health, safety (thanks troops), and the ability to live in the greatest country on earth. Happy New Year to all (even Obama).