President Donald Trump’s administration has frozen $175 million in federal funds for the University of Pennsylvania because the school allows males to participate in female sports.
From Fox News:
A senior administration official told FOX Business that the administration has paused $175 million in federal funding. This did not account for UPenn’s total federal funding, which the university previously reported last year was around $1 billion.The pause is not a direct result of the investigation into UPenn, which the Department of Education announced a day after the president signed the “Keeping Men Out of Women’s Sports” executive order on Feb. 5.Acting Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights Craig Trainor said in a statement provided by the department last month that three institutions would be investigated for suspected Title IX violations.
UPenn received around $1 billion in federal funding last year.
On February 5, Trump signed an executive order banning males from female sports.
The next day, the Department of Education started investigating UPenn for violating Title XI since it allowed male Lia Thomas to compete in swimming during the 2021-2022 swimming season.
CLICK HERE FOR FULL VERSION OF THIS STORY