Most Read
Image 01 Image 02 Image 03

Progressive or Parody? ‘Citizens For Sanity’ Martha’s Vineyard Migrant Ad

Progressive or Parody? ‘Citizens For Sanity’ Martha’s Vineyard Migrant Ad

It’s clear that some people are unsure if it’s, you know, Progressive or Parody.

Progressive or Parody? is a tag we use when something appears that makes it hard to tell if it’s progressive insanity, or a parody of progressive insanity.

Most of the time the Progressive or Parody? conundrum is unintentional. But a relatively new group called Citizens for Sanity intentionally is playing this game to great political effect, mocking woke policies on gender and immigration through billboards and advertisements:

Citizens for Sanity’s mission is to return common sense to America, to highlight the importance of logic and reason, and to defeat “wokeism” and anti-critical thinking ideologies that have permeated every sector of our country and threaten the very freedoms that are foundational to the American Dream.

Many are targeted at Democrat politicians:

I don’t know what impact these will have, but mockery can be effective.

A reader sent me a photo of this ad that ran in The Providence Journal mocking liberal Martha’s Vineyard.

I tweeted it out to much reaction, but it’s clear that some people were unsure if it’s, you know, Progressive or Parody.

DONATE

Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.

Comments

Parody. And it’s dead-on parody.

“The people are revolting!”

“They certainly are!”

This concept has been around a long time, it’s known commonly as Poe’s Law.

The tag line is, ‘satire has no chance against reality’.

henrybowman | September 22, 2022 at 9:42 pm

F yes.
Just sent these warriors some FRNs.

ssns4ever | September 22, 2022 at 9:53 pm

This is glorious!

Joe-dallas | September 22, 2022 at 10:23 pm

The Philadelphia ad The warnock ad & the Kelly ad are excellent

Parody is wasted on the left. The left is unfunny and serious in their psychosis.

In 2008, I parodied “Cocaine” twice; one “Hussein” the other “McSame” – penned almost entirely from comments I’d read in a political forum on a music site. Lefties demanded to know why I’d called Obummer “Hussein”.

Me: “Um, because it’s his middle name and it rhymes with cocaine”?

Anger all the way around, which I could only take to mean they had hoped to keep his middle name, and middle-eastern roots, a secret. The righties reacted a lot better to McSame – but not without a few “don’t shoot at the guys you’re sharing a fox hole with” …

henrybowman in reply to MrE. | September 22, 2022 at 11:41 pm

“Anger all the way around, which I could only take to mean they had hoped to keep his middle name, and middle-eastern roots, a secret.”

Or maybe everybody in their echo chamber carefully avoided mentioning what his middle name was, and you were the first one to break it to them..

Milhouse in reply to MrE. | September 23, 2022 at 12:36 am

Hussein is indeed his middle name, but he has no middle-eastern roots. Neither Kenya nor Kansas are in the middle east.

GWB in reply to MrE. | September 23, 2022 at 10:22 am

Not so much middle-eastern roots as Indonesian.
    And commie roots – where “authentic” names like that give you cachet.

MrE in reply to MrE. | September 23, 2022 at 1:18 pm

Milhouse, I meant Obama is Muslim. In the same way I imagine you could say with absolute certainty “Obama is not a Jew” because he has no love for Israel as demonstrated by his confession and his actions. In the same way I can say with confidence Obama is not a Christian. This source claims Obama has confessed, with his own mouth, in a televised speech, that he is a Muslim. I don’t remember seeing it myself, but take the word for it from the authors who attributed the source: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/obama-muslim-you-decide-steven-christmann

As to the birth issue which you assumed i was referring to, I don’t know where that asshole was born. There was the jacket/liner in his book, which I remember seeing, that said he was from Kenya – whether born – or spent time there – my memory is not that good. But I saw it and read it at the time. To defuse that lie, the left claimed it was written by the PR guy. Still it was a lie and I don’t recall Obama ever specifically addressing it himself, while at the same time benefitting from the ‘mystique’ it accorded to him. To that end, it didn’t help that his school records were sealed, and he had no birth certificate and the hospital admin wouldn’t release it. It made for some frustrating debate with the left, who like his names “Hussein”, and “Barry Soetoro”, were simply brushed off in service of their trojan-horse savior, Obama.

About the birth place, I well remember the Dem ‘factcheck’ site had a Snopes-like treatment of the birth issue, which claimed in print that Obama was born in Queen’s hospital. When after being sworn-in BO released a letter congratulating Kapiolani hospital on their anniversary as “the place of my birth” those honest fact-checking democrats, quickly and quietly scrubbed the article citation from Queens to Kapiolani. I know, because I read the article before and after. Good democrats don’t remember that.

Hiding his middle-eastern (Muslim) roots, while playing up his relationship with Jeremiah Wright of Chicago’s Trinity UCC fame, and meeting Michelle there, is what I remember from the time. The left tried to main-stream him, the right was convinced (and proven right) that he was a trojan horse candidate. I suppose they all are – he just took the cake on being of the obnoxious sort.

I’ve wanted to write a satire where Mr. Rodgers gets canceled because a Transgender kid doesn’t want to be loved “Just the way they are”.

Think these guys would help?

henrybowman in reply to Treguard. | September 22, 2022 at 11:31 pm

I don’t think it fits in well with their mission profile.

I’m still looking for a video student who would be willing to assemble a short montage of various headlines about the exposure/indictments/convictions of maybe a dozen hate-crime hoaxers, one after another, and set the whole thing to Dean Martin’s rendition of, “I’m Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter.”

This is definitely a real group, using humor to fight evil.

rinardman | September 23, 2022 at 8:09 am

To me, most of these read as sarcasm. Humorous sarcasm to us, but unfunny sarcasm to lefties.

The small percentage of lefties that have working sarcasm detectors, that is. Most lefties have no sense of humor, or sarcasm detectors.

“Progressive or Parody”

We could turn this into a gameshow. We could call it, Who Wants to be a Woketard?

I hope Wanda Sykes is a member of forsanity.org