House Republicans Demand Answers on Reports of Federal Resources Used to Transport Illegal Immigrant Minors to Get Abortions
“This outrageous use of federal resources to transport minors across state lines for abortions or otherwise providing or facilitating abortions in DHS or HHS custody is a heinous act and must be stopped.”
Rep. Andy Biggs, R-Ariz. and 21 other House Republicans, sent a letter Friday to the Biden administration, demanding answers on reports of federal resources being used to transport minors across state lines for abortions.
The Biden Administration is now savagely transporting alien minors in federal custody to receive abortions.
This outrageous use of federal resources is a heinous act and must be stopped.
I'm demanding answers from DHS and HHS leadership. https://t.co/IEjhSrWDqg
— Rep Andy Biggs (@RepAndyBiggsAZ) July 15, 2022
The members ask eight questions in the letter and point out, “Federal taxpayer dollars should not be used to transport illegal aliens for abortions or otherwise facilitate abortions.”
Please provide answers to the following questions and the requested documents by July 29, 2022.
1. How many aliens has either DHS or HHS transported to receive an abortion?
a. How many of these aliens has DHS transported across state lines to receive an abortion?
b. How many of these aliens has HHS transported across state lines to receive an abortion?
c. How many of these aliens were under the age of 18 at the time they were transported by either DHS or HHS for an abortion?
2. Which offices within your departments are transporting the aliens?
3. What budget authority is being used to pay for the transportation of the aliens?
4. How much money has been spent transporting aliens for abortions?
5. Is either DHS or HHS paying for the abortions? If not, who is paying for the abortions?
6. Did your departments obtain parental consent prior to transporting aliens for abortions?
7. Please provide copies of all documents related to the transportation of aliens for abortions.
8. Please provide copies of all documents related to efforts by your departments to use federal funds to assist aliens in obtaining abortions.
DHS officials have also prepared a memo in recent weeks informing immigration detention centers that women in their custody should be given access to abortion regardless of their location, according to internal documents obtained by The Wall Street Journal on July 12.
“The Biden administration is now savagely transporting alien minors in federal custody to receive abortions,” Biggs told Fox News Digital in a statement. “This outrageous use of federal resources to transport minors across state lines for abortions or otherwise providing or facilitating abortions in DHS or HHS custody is a heinous act and must be stopped.
“Secretary Mayorkas and Secretary Becerra must immediately cease this conduct and provide us a thorough explanation of why this callous practice began in the first place,” he continued.
Last month Becerra remarked that “Every option is on the table,” the health secretary said in an interview on June 28. “We will take a look at everything we can. And everything we do will be in compliance with the law.”
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton filed a lawsuit last week against the Biden administration over Health and Human Services Department’s emergency abortion guidelines.DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.