“DHS planned for a partnership with Twitter to suppress disfavored content and planned a meeting with Twitter executives exploring the concept.”
If there’s one thing we’ve learned about the radical left, they never give up. Their horrible, unworkable, unreasonable, and downright scary ideas are rejected again and again, yet they just keep plugging away, finding new ways to move ‘forward’ their totalitarian agenda that they imagine will turn all of America into a progressive utopia like San Francisco, replete with horrific crime, poop-laden streets, rampant homelessness, and open-air drug use.
One of the latest schemes of these evil-doers was a plan to monitor and censor American speech. The proposed “Disinformation Governance Board” was met with well-deserved outrage (and not a little ridicule), so much so that the Orwellian Biden administration decided to put its Ministry of Truth on “pause.”
“Pause” simply means that it will be picked up when the furor dies down, probably secretly (if it hasn’t been already).
Republican Senators Josh Hawley (MO) and Chuck Grassley (IA) have obtained whistleblower documents from DHS that detail some shocking intentions, particularly with regard to “public-private partnerships” with social media and presumably with other internet entities.
🚨 NEW: @HawleyMO & Senator Grassley obtained whistleblower documents that expose brand new details about DHS' plans to use their Disinformation Governance Board to monitor Americans’ speech.
— Abigail Marone 🇺🇸 (@abigailmarone) June 9, 2022
In a statement published on his .gov site, Hawley provides details.
New whistleblower documents, obtained by U.S. Senator Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) and Senate Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), expose shocking new details about the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) planned Disinformation Governance Board. The documents reveal that DHS drafted plans for the Disinformation Governance Board as early as September 2021 and explored the possibility of partnerships with Big Tech companies like Twitter to assist in their efforts.
In a new letter to Secretary Mayorkas, Senators Hawley and Grassley call for DHS to release all internal communications related to the Disinformation Governance Board and to clarify why he did not fully explain the Disinformation Governance Board’s role in his testimony before Congress.
“The First Amendment of the Constitution was designed precisely so that the government could not censor opposing viewpoints – even if those viewpoints were false. DHS should not in any way seek to enlist the private sector to curb or silence opposing viewpoints. It is therefore imperative for DHS to provide additional clarity regarding its policies and procedures for identifying and addressing ‘MDM,’ as well as its efforts to ‘operationalize’ public-private partnerships and the steps it is taking to ensure that it does not infringe on the constitutional rights of American citizens,” the senators wrote.
— Fox News (@FoxNews) June 9, 2022
The whistleblower revelations Hawley and Grassley report include the following:
- The Disinformation Governance Board was originally conceived in part to monitor domestic speech regarding “conspiracy theories about the validity and security of elections” and “disinformation related to the origins and effects of COVID-19 vaccines or the efficacy of masks.”
- DHS planned for a partnership with Twitter to suppress disfavored content and planned a meeting with Twitter executives exploring the concept.
- The Disinformation Governance Board charter was drafted in January 2022 and personally signed by Secretary Mayorkas on February 24, 2022. The document states that the charter goes into effect immediately upon the Secretary’s signing of the document.
- Despite the Secretary’s assertion that the Board had not yet begun its work, a planned meeting with social media executives appears to have been staffed by Nina Jankowicz.
- DHS officials appear to have prepared legislation to codify a “Rumor Control Program of the Department of Homeland Security to Counter Misinformation, Disinformation, and Malinformation,” including a public-facing website known as “Rumor Control.”
“Rumor Control”? Really? Were “Flag the Fishy” and “Attack Watch” already taken? Oh, right, those iterations of this anti- and un-American central government overreach blew up in Obama’s face. But this is the radical left, and they never give up.
You can read the letter the Senators sent to DHS here.
You can read the whistleblower documents here.DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.