“Parents across the country should be shocked and horrified to see a once-respected school system systematically destroyed”
A group of parents has launched a lawsuit against Loudoun County schools in Virginia which makes a variety of charges. They are represented by America First Legal, headed by former Trump adviser Stephen Miller.
Several months ago, former FOX News host Megyn Kelly, a lawyer herself, said that the way to fight the woke agenda in education is in the courts, and that’s just what’s happening.
It seems appropriate that this is happening in Loudoun County, which has been ground zero for many of these issues.
From America First Legal:
Today, America First Legal (“AFL”), in an action through its Center for Legal Equality and with the assistance of the Binnall Law Group, sued Loudoun County Public Schools (“LCPS”), Superintendent Scott Ziegler, several senior LCPS officials, and the Loudoun County Public School Board on behalf of eleven courageous parents for the district’s deliberate, egregious and systemic violation of parents’ rights.
Unlawful actions by the most notorious school district in America include:
- Knowingly, systematically, and willfully violating the Plaintiffs’ fundamental constitutional rights to care for, nurture, and direct the education, moral instruction, and upbringing of their children;
- Knowingly, systematically, and willfully taking advantage of the schools’ coercive power over children to impose a woke social, political, and psychological ideology and agenda, and thereby to shape and control student attitudes, beliefs, and behavior relating to, inter alia, human sexuality, equal rights, and the relationship between a parent and his or her child;
- Requiring schools and teachers as a matter of policy to deceive parents and secretly promote and facilitate a child’s “gender transition”;
- Requiring schools as a matter of policy to provide children with psychological or psychiatric counseling and treatment without parental knowledge or consent;
- Soliciting and obtaining information about student attitudes, habits, traits, opinions, beliefs or feelings regarding sensitive regulated topics such as sex, religion, race, and familial relationships without either express prior parental consent or a direct relationship to academic instruction;
- Knowingly, systematically, and willfully using “social and emotional learning” and other similar methods and techniques for the purpose of affecting childrens’ behavioral, emotional, or attitudinal characteristics related, inter alia, to race and sexuality, without prior parental consent or any direct relationship to academic instruction;
- Invidiously using racial “balancing” and quotas to favor some children at the expense of others;
- Intentionally failing to provide Plaintiffs with a safe and orderly learning environment for their children;
- Illegally hiding information about school operations and curriculum from parents;
- Illegally charging exorbitant fees and/or claiming legally deficient exemptions to Freedom of Information Act Requests;
- Illegally failing to comply with multiple Virginia laws mandating parental notifications and involvement in surveys and teaching related to sensitive personal subjects including human sexuality and race;
- Illegally implementing race-based quota systems for entry into advanced level classes and admission to the Academies of Loudoun; and
- Retaliating and discriminating against parents and children whose beliefs do not align with the woke LCPS agenda;
Cortney O’Brien of FOX News has more details:
Loudoun County Public Schools hit with lawsuit for ‘moral corruption of children,’ parental ‘violations’
The conservative America First Legal (AFL), through its Center for Legal Equality, has filed a lawsuit against Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) “for the district’s systemic and egregious moral corruption of children and its deliberate, and almost gleeful, violations of parental rights to control the upbringing of their children.”
“Parents across the country should be shocked and horrified to see a once-respected school system systematically destroyed, all because LCPS believes that it has more of a right than parents to tell a captive audience of students what they MUST believe,” America First Legal said in a press release Tuesday. “Fortunately, as we have seen, there are no parents with more courage, more fight, and more rock-solid dedication to their children than in Loudoun County, Virginia.”
We constantly hear stories about college students issuing lists of demands. It’s about time parents, i.e., taxpayers, started making some demands of their own:
The plaintiffs listed several demands from the school district.
“A declaration from the court that Policy and Regulation 8040, and other policies and practices violate plaintiff parents’ constitutional rights; an injunction against LCPS to prevent it from continuing to do so; the appointment of a special master to monitor LCPS and report to the court on its compliance with its legal obligations; an order directing LCPS to pay for plaintiffs’ children’s education in a private school until LCPS ceases its unlawful activities,” AFL wrote.
This is the way to fight this. Woke school boards have to learn that parents will fight back.DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.