Most Read
Image 01 Image 02 Image 03

77 Percent of Students at a Baltimore High School Read at Elementary School Level

77 Percent of Students at a Baltimore High School Read at Elementary School Level

“They’re not ready for the workforce. They’re not ready for further education.”

An absolute disgrace. This is one of the reasons parents get so angry about schools wasting time pushing woke politics. Learning to read is one of the most important skills students are supposed to get from schools.

FOX Baltimore reports:

77% tested at Baltimore high school read at elementary level, some at kindergarten level

A Baltimore City teacher came forward with devastating information that showed 77% of students tested at one high school are reading at an elementary school level.

The teacher works at Patterson High School, one of the largest high schools in Baltimore with a 61% graduation rate and a nearly $12 million budget. We agreed not to identify this source who fears retribution for giving Project Baltimore the results of iReady assessments.

iReady assessments are given in Baltimore City Schools to help determine at which grade level a student is performing in math and reading. The scores are not made public. If the media requests them, the district will redact most of the results. But Project Baltimore obtained the results for all of the students tested at Patterson High School.

In reading, 628 Patterson High School students took the test. Out of those students, 484 of them, or 77%, tested at an elementary school reading level. That includes 71 high school students who were reading at a kindergarten level and 88 students reading at a first-grade level. Another 45 are reading at a second-grade level. Just 12 students tested at Patterson High School, were reading at grade level, which comes out to just 1.9%.

Project Baltimore asked how a student who reads at an elementary school level could reach high school.

“They’re pushed through,” replied the teacher. “They’re not ready for the workforce. They’re not ready for further education.”

When asked if it’s social promotion, the teacher replied, “Yes.”

DONATE

Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.

Comments

You don’t need to read to watch youtube videos. Anyway, if they could read, they might read something unapproved. THAT is unacceptable.

Please take your concerns about reading to the safe space at the back of the bus. You may cry quietly until told otherwise.

Please do not disrupt current urgent lessons about global climate change and systemic racism!

These underperforming children will be admitted to elite colleges on full-ride scholarships simply so the colleges can have “diversity.” Once in college, these students won’t be able to compete in any STEM courses or other demanding courses, so they will gravitate into grievance studies.

I’ve seen this happen many times. It’s getting worse, because teachers who try to hold their students to a higher standard are now getting accused of mythical “systemic racism.” So they go with the flow, lower standards, and commit the actual racism of low expectations.

“Out of those students, 484 of them, or 77%, tested at an elementary school reading level.”

“Whats the problem. At least their not iliterite.”

“They’re not ready for the workforce.”

That depends. Organized robbery of stores for resale on the internet appears to be a growing occupation encouraged in some quarters. Just the latest: https://nypost.com/2022/02/04/nyc-thieves-swarm-upscale-boutique-in-50k-mid-afternoon-robbery/

77%? Well, thank God for small blessings. At least 77% of them can read. What about the other 23%?