If you have any information, please call the Riverside Police Department’s Property Crimes Unit at 951-353-7955.
In California, the Riverside Police Department said someone vandalized 13 American flags and one Marine Corps flag honoring the fallen soldiers in the Kabul terrorist attack.
“Sometime yesterday, an observant citizen noticed the flags appeared to be damaged and it was reported to the police,” the department wrote on Facebook. “At this point, we don’t have any suspect description but it’s obvious the flags were intentionally damaged.”
Two citizens removed the flags. Boy Scout Troop 703 will properly retire the flags.
Three Marines from Southern California died in the attack:
- Cpl. Hunter Lopez, 22, of Indio
- Lance Cpl. Dylan Merola, 20, of Rancho Cucamonga
- Lance Cpl. Kareem Nikoui, 20, of Norco
San Diego County’s Camp Pendleton housed ten of the soldiers who died.
- Marine Corps Lance Cpl. David Espinoza, 20, of Rio Bravo, TX
- Marine Corps Sgt. Nicole Gee, 23, of Sacramento, CA
- Marine Corps Staff Sgt. Darin Hoover, 31, of Salt Lake City, UT
- Army Staff Sgt. Ryan Knauss, 23, of Corryton, TN
- Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Rylee McCollum, 20, of Jackson, WY
- Marine Corps Sgt. Johanny Rosario Pichardo, 25, of Lawrence, MA
- Marine Corps Cpl. Humberto Sanchez, 22, of Logansport, IN
- Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Jared Schmitz, 20, of St. Charles, MO
- Navy Hospital Corpsman Maxton Soviak, 22, of Berlin Heights, OH
- Marine Corps Cpl. Daegan Page, 23, of Omaha, NE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.