Thank God we have a Second Amendment.
Australia is proof we need the Second Amendment. Australia is proof a virus is going to virus.
Australia has become the ultimate nanny state when it comes to COVID-19. The governments have forced people to stay locked in their homes. They need permission to step outside. They need permission to take a breath.
And yet…the cases will not stop. It’s almost as if a virus does not care if you step outside your house.
Australia's zero Covid policy is successfully flattening the curve, but along the wrong axis 😳 pic.twitter.com/0hACc1vWU5
— Dr. Eli David (@DrEliDavid) September 5, 2021
The state of Victoria extended lockdown and restrictions for another three weeks because of more cases.
Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews said the government will ease restrictions once 70% of the eligible residents have the first dose of the vaccine.
Cases have risen despite these restrictions:
You cannot leave your home other than for one of the five following reasons:
- shopping for necessary goods and services
- caregiving or compassionate reasons, including medical care or to get a COVID-19 test
- authorised work (with a permit) or permitted education
- exercise (once a day for 2 hours)
- to get a COVID-19 vaccination (provided the distance travelled, and the time taken is no more than is absolutely necessary).
Yes, you need a permit to leave to work or get an education. How messed up is that?
Victoria residents have a 9 PM to 5 AM curfew except for emergencies, authorized work, supporting a child, or medical reasons.
The government allows you to travel only 5km from your home. That’s 3.1 miles. You can only go 3.1 miles away from your home to shop or exercise.
They also have this thing called social bubble buddy. You can have one friend in Victoria. The government even gave out a handbook about this stupid idea.
The person you choose cannot belong in another social buddy bubble. That is why I said one friend. You can have one friend in Victoria.
What if you have a family? You can have a social buddy bubble with another family but that is it.
You cannot have a social buddy bubble and a household social bubble.
Other insane restrictions:
- You must designate one person to leave your house for goods and services. You can only leave your house once a day.
- You can exercise with one other person, but remember not to go past 3.1 miles from your home!
- If you exercise with someone else you have to stay 5 feet away from each other.
- You must have your permit to go to work or school.
New South Wales
Let’s look at Victoria’s neighbor New South Wales (NSW). The state will see around 2,000 cases a day by next week.
So of course the government is freaking out.
NSW has many of the same rules as Victoria. But I found a few extreme ones:
- You have to check in with businesses because they have to provide your details to NSW Health in the name of contact tracing.
- Hospitality venues must have you use a Service NSW for you to check-in. This makes your details go straight to the health department.
- NSW only allows you to leave home if “it is absolutely essential.”
- You cannot visit your family and they cannot visit you.
- NSW also has that silly social buddy bubble thing. Same rules.
- You can only visit a person in aged care facilities “if you are providing an essential caring function” or “visit a person who is close to the end of their life.”
- If you live outside of the Greater Sydney area you can only attend a funeral or memorial service outside of the area if you’re the spouse, parent, child, or sibling of the deceased.
NSW sent out the military to crack down on those who broke the lockdown rules. They will also arrest you if you cross a border.
Australia has crossed the line_____
Coolangatta today, NSW/QLD border.. A man is arrested for crossing a line on the grass which stops citizens from each state interacting. pic.twitter.com/czujx9e2Cz
— Pelham (@Resist_05) September 5, 2021
Big protests in Sydney, Australia after the government put greater Sydney back into a weeks-long Wuhan-style lockdown of all non-essential activities following 1 COVID death and discussed deploying the military to hotspots to keep people from leaving.pic.twitter.com/7cC6gxyq4k
— Michael P Senger (@MichaelPSenger) July 24, 2021
Protestors clashed with police during anti-lockdown protests in Sydney, Australia in defiance of public-health orders amid a growing COVID-19 outbreak https://t.co/ofqHtQTZMg pic.twitter.com/d5vhV096wo
— Reuters (@Reuters) July 24, 2021
Let’s get Orwellian, baby!
South Australia has an app you must use when you come home from neighboring NSW and Victoria:
People wanting to return to South Australia and home quarantine will have to apply to SA Health.
They will have to prove they have a place to isolate during their quarantine period and must also be fully vaccinated.
Those who are approved will have to download the South Australian Government home quarantine app, which uses geo-location and facial recognition software to track those in quarantine.
The app will contact people at random asking them to provide proof of their location within 15 minutes.
If you cannot verify your location or identity when the fascists ping you they send police to your home to check-in on you.DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.