Not only is the trial DOA because it’s unconstitutional, the Democrats really don’t care about the Democrats’ Trial Brief. They would vote to convict Trump if all the House submitted were doodles on a cocktail napkin.
You’re not going to make me actually analyze the Trial Brief filed by the Democrats in Trump’s upcoming unconstitutional and illegitimate Senate impeachment trial, are you? You can do it and post comments.
I refuse to do it. Because this is a Zombie Trial:
Senator Rand Paul brought a motion today declaring that the upcoming trial of former president Donald Trump was unconstitutional, because the Senate has no constitutional authority to try a former president.
Paul is completely correct, for reasons we have explained in detail before:
- Impeachment 2.0 – No, the Senate cannot convict Trump after he leaves office
- Impeachment Problem? Chief Justice Roberts May Not Have Constitutional Authority To Preside At Trial Of FORMER President
- Report: Senate Republicans Negotiating Terms of Unconstitutional Post-Departure Trump Impeachment Trial
- Mitt Romney on board with post-departure impeachment trial of Trump
- Reports: Chief Justice John Roberts Will Not Preside At Upcoming Trump Senate Trial
Not only is the trial DOA, the Democrats really don’t care about the Democrats’ Brief. They would vote to convict Trump if all they submitted were doodles and a cocktail napkin.
Trump also submitted his Answer to the single count of impeachment for “inciting insurrection.” You can post comments on that too. His Trial Brief is not due until next Monday.
Nothing actually matters about any of this. It’s all Democrat Kabuki Theater.
Of course we will cover the trial. As theater critics.DONATE
Donations tax deductible
to the full extent allowed by law.